Problems with Diablo III

Honestly, the gauntlets issue is something very easy to overlook. Very few unique items give a notable drawback, so if the effect isn’t something interesting for the build, you tend to overlook it as if the item was just an overstatted rare. Add to that the fact that this specific unique is a fairly recent addition to existing items, and it’s easy to see someone having played the game for years at some point coming back, grabbing that item and starting to have issues and failing to understand why.
It personally took me a little bit of time to find out why my monk was inexplicably slowing down almost to a halt during combat when it was carrying one of those gloves as placeholders for whatever its final build was going to require.
It’s the same kind of easy to miss detail as when your follower is wearing the broken crown but the extra gem doesn’t drop. For someone that knows the reason behind the issue, it’s very easy to find the source, but for someone that doesn’t, you can totally miss it and think it’s a bug after having tried every explanation you could come up with.

All in all, a little bit of empathy towards someone that makes a normal mistake can go a great way to avoid making this community one that people avoid.

2 Likes

How, exactly, is it easy to overlook? It’s clearly spelled out, right there in the legendary power description. Maybe adding this to the item description box will help?

3 Likes

Exactly this. :point_up_2: We all know that some people do not bother to read anything anymore.

1 Like

Actually better description could help for part of the people. The first sentence could end with “by finally turning you into stone” etc. Better description would help with tons of other legendaries also. For many items people now need to google how it actually works (but don’t know beforehand which items need external explanation and which don’t).

And still about you people wondering how it’s possible for others to make mistakes. In my opinion there are people who:

1. Just don’t notice some things and are brave enough to ask. Understand others making mistakes as well (I hope this is the most common category)
  2. Don’t notice things but don’t understand other people making slightly different similar mistakes. For example just didn’t understand a cooking recipe correctly but know enough not to ask about Diablo before checking whole internet first and triple checking everything in the game (note - checking items is not enough if one doesn’t realize directly it’s about the items).
  3. People who never dare ask anything (but still don’t notice things in all areas of life). Lots of extra work is expected for this group.
  4. Superhumans who notice everything (do these even exist?)
2 Likes

You forgot a couple:

1. Player zipping along, Stone Gauntlets drop > Puts them on w/o noticing drawbacks > Game starts acting wonky > so run full computer diagnostics, check internet speed, run scan/repair tool in battlent launcher, re-install game 5 times, checks the Google thing > Pulls out hair in frustration > Goes to forum and asks if game is broken.

2. Player zipping along, Stone Gauntlets drop > Puts them on w/o noticing drawbacks > Game starts acting wonky > Thinks ‘I wonder if those gloves I put on 10 seconds ago have anything to do with it?’ :thinking: > Re-reads the legendary power > Takes off gloves > :bulb:!

4 Likes
  1. Player posts a question in the General forum and the thread blows up.
4 Likes

Sry but your group 5 is included in original list group 1 or 2 depending if he understands others mistakes or not. Group 6 is not part of the scope since he didn’t make full mistake at the first place and wouldn’t need any help (or alternatively you can count him to original group 4 if he never makes full mistakes in anything).

2 Likes

Root cause analysis always gets you to look at the most recent change as the potential cause of problems. With that in mind, if you change your gloves and something goes wonky, the immediate reaction should be to swap the gloves back to what you had before and see if the problem goes away. If it does, you then look at the new gloves to see why and, hey presto, you bother to read the description and see they have beneficial and detrimental effects.

3 Likes

This would be very good addition to every (nice) reply to stone gauntlet problem post or similar.

I know that there is the soulstone from the Darkening of Tristram event, but does D3 have very many items with detrimental effects such as this? If not then it’s an understandable oversight. Either way I think it’s a cool design and it kindles my interest. Like, say there’s an enemy with a dreadful nigh-unavoidable attack, slap on these bad boys and you could play to its strengths fivefold while minimizing its drawback which would normally be quite severe. EDIT: But then I was always a fan of cursed items which might put me in the vast minority and ill-suited for D4.

1 Like

Don’t worry, OP has been driven off the forums and won’t be coming back.
Good job guys on making this community the best it can be.

4 Likes

Not only did the OP come back to the thread, they also thanked people for helping…

And…

You mean friendly, like the OP found it to be?

Sure sounds like the OP got the answer they wanted and thought the community was friendly. Sorry that doesn’t fit with your narrative.

2 Likes

Where does it say, that I can start counting my time with something once I buy it and never touch it again?
So after 10 years I can say truthfully, “I’ve been playing D3 for 10 years?”

This is indeed not telling the truth.

How about this:

“I bought D3 7 years ago and have put in approximately 30 hours.”

“Why does my hero stutter and get stuck?”

Now everyone knows to be nice as this person doesn’t know much about the game.
Snarky will be left for other posters being mean.

OP should have been a little more honest.

2 Likes

I rarely disagree with you Meteorblade, but in this post, I must. Just because OP is a polite person that came back and thanked us doesn’t change the fact that we were rude to him.

2 Likes

They also said we were friendly and kind.
But, I guess you know better than the OP how the OP really feels.

1 Like

Keep calm :slight_smile:

#MissingCharacters

I think your sarcasm detector is broken, Meteorblade.

At least, when I read the post I saw it loaded with sarcasm. He wasn’t really saying thank you, in other words.

5 Likes

Fascinating how this thread still going. :popcorn:
Also yeah, OP sounded like pure sarcasm to me as well.

2 Likes

So, I’m not one to drop the word toxic very often because I think it’s overused but damn, this thread is probably a great example. So negative and demeaning toward a player actually giving D3 a chance. What is wrong with this community??? We all look over things in games and sometimes the solution was obvious as hell. It’s great that instead of resorting to neverending Googling, this person instead wanted to talk to real people. Responses like these will only push people toward more anti-social behaviour :-1:

1 Like

Talk about adding fuel to the flame.