Problem solved thx

wasn’t a bug after all

Not a bug. Working as intended.

Seriously, does no one bother to examine their items?

1 Like

Perhaps you need to try using the item in game before you come in with incorrect comments. The helm most definitely affects your characters bonus whether worn, or placed in cube. It is just giving a different modifier on green gems vs other gems.

Perhaps you should pay more attention to your items instead of blaming the game for your own ignorance.

1 Like

Then maybe you can explain why I get different results on two characters? And how do you think it is supposed to work?

So, you clearly haven’t bothered to examine your items.

Your Wastes helm in the video has 35% extra gold find, while the primal Leorics Crown doesn’t. When you equip the Crown, you just get the double effect of the emerald. When you equip the Wastes helm and cube the Crown, you get the double effect of the emerald AND the 35% extra gold find on the Wastes helm. That is why you get different GF results.

Again, THIS IS NOT A BUG.

1 Like

[quote=“TimberWolf-1533, post:6, topic:10319”]
Again, THIS IS NOT A BUG.
[/quote] Now, how hard would that have been to say in the first post. Worn leorics didnt have GF. Try a real answer like this in the future. And thanks.

Because this is a bug report forum, not a help forum. Onus is on you to know what you are talking about.

1 Like

You took the time to say something like this, instead of “Leoric’s didn’t have 35% gold find.” Seriously man, bug/help forum - either way you need to be more constructive and helpful rather than obtuse or rude.

2 Likes

No, he doesn’t.

We DO NOT work for Blizzard. We DO NOT get paid by Blizzard. We DO NOT owe you ANYTHING. We could be spending this time playing the game ourselves instead of trying to explain to others how to play the game themselves.

TimberWolf was trying to help you figure this out on your own. Instead you chose to argue with him and condemn him for not giving you a detailed explanation why your issue is not a game bug.

As you were told: This is NOT a help forum and it is NOT a discussion forum. Here, you report a game bug. Blizzard reads it. If they can reproduce it, they will fix it. Blizzard rarely responds in this Bug Report Forum.

Those of us who do respond here are only trying to help other players out. But, if you don’t want the help, then figure it out yourself.

For more information about this forum, please read: How to Write a Good Bug Report.

Thank you.

By your logic no player has the onus of responsibility to report bugs.

My point stands, if you are going to apparently waste your time responding to the forums, do so in a manner that is not rude. I did not say he HAS to explain, but he obviously has too much time on his hands if he wants to respond to my every freaking post. All he had to do to avert all that wasted time, was respond with one very small, very simple explanation that took less time to write than the veiled insult. And it is not the only thread he has said something along the lines of NANA, I know something you do not know.

Him or you, having anything to do with Blizzard or not, means nothing to this whole point. It is about being a basic, good person. And not wasting time.

You call his first response trying to be helpful, I call it trolling.

He did the exact same thing in another thread, saying someone is wrong and pointing out that he had already figured out the problem. But did NOT state to the OP what the problem was, or how to find the missing item. It took another poster to do so.

If you are here to help, help the OP just as much as you are apparently trying to help Blizzard with false reports, otherwise you are just trolling the community, which has a negative impact on others.

2 Likes

TimberWolf told you everything you needed to know in his first post.

He said:

But, then he added a hint by asking:

But, instead of looking over your items to figure out how they work you accused him of not knowing how the game works:

Then, he repeated himself by telling you to look at your items.

I admit that sometimes TimberWolf doesn’t have the best “bedside manner”. But, he told you all you needed to know. Still, every time you responded, trying to provoke him into giving you detailed information. It kind of looks like you were trolling him.

You talk about wasting time not giving you a “real answer”, but you can’t even take the time to read how your gear works.

In any event, I’m glad you finally figured it out.

You are incorrect. Everything I needed to know would have been the appropriate answer which came out later after calling me ignorant because I overlooked a small detail. His insult was not even correct. I know the mechanic of the item, I was just so hung up on that I missed the GF on the item being different. Him telling me to look at my items in no way guarantees that I notice something I missed before. If I had not gotten the final answer and just ignored the whole post, or just not even bothered to come back to the thread to see if there was a response. And no one else responded.

Guess what would have happened? Someone from Blizzard would have had to waste time checking it out, more than likely. Unless they just have a very large amount of trust in Timberwolf, and take his dismissal for granted because I would never have retracted my bug report without his finally giving a real answer.

Also, I did not ask for information every time I responded, I asked him once to give details instead of " I know something you don’t". And asking for that explanation is not a provocation. Nor is it trolling.

And again I read my gear, to see how it worked, I just overlooked the gold find line. Simple mistake. Even simpler to answer since he had the required info.

So again, if you are going to personally decide to utilize your time in this forum to help out, maybe try actually helping. Not just saying you are wrong, go read more.

Anyhow if the two of you are any indication of what I have to look forward to in this forum, I will not being posting anything else, whether it be for a misperceived bug, or an actual one. Good luck trolling the forums, saying “It’s for me to know, and you to find out.” And “We don’t owe you nothing.” Like why are you even here if that is the case?

2 Likes

Given the quality of your first post, that would be a good idea. Too bad you didn’t put the same amount of effort into figuring out the issue as you did in your responses.

Why do you expect others to handfeed you answers? Why not try and figure things out? That way, you might learn something.

1 Like

Unlikely, about 90 to 95% of the bugs posted here are resumed in “I did not read” I really doubt they even bother with these reports that do not even follow the guidelines they set themselves on how to properly report bugs, if Timberwold didn’t take the time to answer you your post would have just been forgotten like mane of the non bugs reports on these forums with you still wondering why it doen’t work and likely posting later that blizzard doesn’t care dspite the fact they do not respond to bug reports nor that you report wasn’t even made correctly.

1 Like