Primordial Scavengers Take Forever To Kill For Angry Chicken

As the title says, the mob type “Primordial Scavenger” takes forever to kill for Angry Chicken witch doctors

Just blocks all the little chickens, and even the main explosion you cast yourself often does literally nothing to them

Everything will be getting oneshot but as soon as you encounter these primordial scavengers, you can stand there for upwards of 10sec plus just seeing them block everything and you can’t do anything about it

Historically Primordial Scavengers have had issues being immortal for anyone running a pet build, it looks like that issue has semi-resurfaced

They tend to take a long time to kill for any build, 10 seconds seems normal because first need to shatter their rock shield, then they run away quickly, and if you dont kill them in this time window they burrow into the ground, burrow animation alone takes 4-6 seconds, and then it gains rock shield again.

I don’t know if it counts as a same category build but my necros skeleton mages should be a pet build too, and its doing perfectly fine with those monsters, the only difference is skeleton mages have lazer beams so it does instant damage giving enemies no chance to escape, and even better this build has 10 second freeze on monsters so they have no chance at all.

I would just use stronger build in your place, mundungu spirit barrage with manitou rune maybe

I tried playing angry chick but its just too bad for my taste…

1 Like

Nah i 1-2 shot them on anything else i play (playing every class this season)

There’s definitely something buggy about the chickens and some other pets

My chicken build is speed farming GR100s and 1shotting things on that

So it definitely shouldn’t be taking up to 10 sec to kill one T16 primordial scavenger

2 Likes

As pointed out, it seems to be an issue with pet builds. When I play Inna water monk, they’re a definite road bump in fissures. The workaround for me is to melée them with a non-pet attack (punch them!) and then they die almost instantly.

Was thinking those monsters are annoying only in GR ;))

I just remembered i tried chicken at start of this season, and this bug is the whole reason i aint playing chicken at all. Sadge. Back then i assummed this build is just really bad :slight_smile:
Not that it isnt, because it is.

Tested it again at nonseason just now. Lol at 10k paragon chicken cant kill T16 monsters, and im dying :rofl:

Can’t see any issue with inna though. Idunno, monsters just die almost instantly.
But Thank you so much, i was looking for any excuse to build inna again on nonseason, had it removed from wardrobe after nerfs…
Aaaand necros pets work fine too.
What else is there?

No idea whats what with this but why would nobody report a bug for two months if it was really an issue? Didnt even see any reddit post, or ingame chat questions, nothing at all.

Rock armor is a problem for chickens, weird.

Anyway, pretty sure this game is not going to get any fixes or balance patch anymore at all, only seasonal themes rotation,

so you might want to play another build, manitou works fine and its probably same fast as chicken, if build for speed