Primals not dropping

I have played the new season for like 33 hours now and haven’t gotten a single primal drop outside the guaranteed GR 70 one.

Hi,

Bad luck is not a bug… unfortunately.

The odds of getting one are very low… of the order of ¼ of 1% over a very large sample size. Don’t get too obsessed with primals… ancient items with good stats are often as good as or even better than whatever primals you will come across.

Good luck in your games !

2 Likes

While it’s true that “bad luck is not a bug” when the game is designed around a requirement for primals (to unlock the altar) and it becomes very easy to go say… 2400 legendary drops without seeing one… which is my current streak in HC SSF… then players get frustrated at the bad design choice.

It should only be a 0.2% chance to go 2400 legendary drops without seeing a primal. But how many of us have had those kind of streaks? Sure, over the course of many tens of thousands of drops the rate works out to 1 in 400. But until the RNG finally levels out you’re stuck without full access to the altar. Which is a horrible feature design even it isn’t technically a bug.

@ontheleft:

This is a bug report forum… not a discussion forum.

If you want to comment on the drop rate of primals, or the requirements to unlock the various seals in the Altar of Rites, you can do so in General Discussion… that’s what it’s there for.

4 Likes

Kindly drop the rules lawyering. The bug was reported, the standard “It’s not a bug” was trotted out. And I pointed out that bad design SHOULD BE a bug. Deal with it.

It’s valid to criticise the design decision but, as it’s working exactly as they designed it, that means it’s not a bug, no matter how much you don’t like the design decision.

5 Likes

So is it a bug that I got two primals in a regular rift on Friday night followed by one from Kadala when I spent blood shards after closing it? Might be the only time I have been happy to have a bug!

They were all crap and immediately salvaged, but still!