Primals and set drops

Man, I’ve got 10 primal drops and I’m trying to play the GoD build on DH. Only one of those has supported the GoD build. 4 have supported the shadow/impale build, and 5 random junk, which I understand happens.

Last season (when I started diablo 3), I started a month into the season and got my hydra wiz to gon 1170. Cleared GR 109, and only 2 of the 9 Primals I got fit the hydra build while 4 fit chantodos. I get it’s luck of the draw.

I just hope in diablo 4 there’s an option to reforge a primal, at a super high cost of course. But for real, when it’s 1/400 - 1/500 chance of primal drop, I’d like to be able to use it. Especially as long as the grind is, I’d be willing to pay a high price.

Just a thought… I can see if others disagree

Disagree. No question something has to be done, but the ability to reforge a primal is power creep, and starts to invalidate the whole reward loop.

1 Like

I can see that for sure

Just RnG, my 1st primal was a helltooth, played with DH. 6 other ones are insta-salvage. Just one is a perfect HPS, but i don’t play Impale. Got 2 more primals not for my class.

I’m not sure how legendaries are working in D4, but rerolling primal but be nice.

Just remember primals are not a must have to do great. There’s tons of people out there that can clear higher with nothing but average ancients over someone with all primals and higher paragons.
I have had lucky seasons where I had multiple drop for my build yet never passed the the 500 mark on the LB. two seasons ago I hit on the top 100 with LoD blessed and not a single primal.
I’m just not near as good at the mechanics and multi-tasking with buttons as others and I accept that :smiley:

1 Like

I got in the mid-upper 300s at my highest this season. Then I got stuck around GR 111

Primals are another level of unneeded rarity. We don’t need “perfect” versions of trash gear that nobody uses. We don’t need another rarity of gear to try to get 1% better damage.

We need gearing choices to be meaningful, you can do more damage and probably die, or you can be a bit tougher and live longer, and take a bit more time killing. Currently it’s “kill everything as fast as you can, because if you get hit, you are going to die”.

I feel like the primals drop rate was increased this season. OR I think there is an internal mechanic after taking a break and coming back. I got 4 primals within an hour after taking a 24 break. Primal Squirts.

Running GR116’s in 1:45 is nice. Run 4 and dump.

1 Like

wow, you guys are complaining about primals? No primal drops yet…hell, elusive ring, dawn, compass rose and chain of shadows were all mega hard to get…almost no shadow set dropping, nearly all god, n6 and m6. Crappy season, crappier than usual with regards to RNG, and that’s saying something.

I’ve noted this too…reminds me of the pity timer in D3 vanilla…back when the game dropped a legendary every 2 hours…when I played vanilla for near 2 hours with no legendary I knew it was going to drop soon and it always almost did.

Recently I’ve noted that if I don’t play for a day then come back to it I get a Primal within the first hour of play then nothing and I’ve repeated that pattern many times.

Exactly! Last season i was lucky this season not. All my primals are salvaged, only perfect HPS quiver i kept.

I’m not sure what the maximum amount of legendaries is. Is it not capped @GR100? So only paragon-wise it makes sense to run higher rifts @the same time. Okay you get some BS more, but my primals from Kadala are super-rare.

And 1:45 was Festering or Battlefields i think. But not all maps are the same. I’m happy with my Solo speed 100s in 2-3 mins no matter how the map is. Even if it’s 200% less XP.

1 Like

I think at minimum they should slightly adjust the percentage odds for when a new gear set comes out. I just got marauders Helm primal. Does ANYONE use that gear anymore?

We got these times with barracks sometimes. They were good barracks. Power and target elites instant pop.

Speed support uses 2pc marauder and 4pc God. So maybe for that. But Leorics would be better there. For additional XP with ruby.

1 Like

The count is now 22 primals, 21 being worthless. Unless you count my duplicate “Dawn”, so awesome I got two of these. Fits well with the primal “Puzzle Ring”… So discouraging, this is definitely the last season I’ll play this game…

Well try not to count on primals! They are pretty and “can be” a little better but ancients are just as good or better sometimes.

I have only found 1 primal, just an hour ago that I use on my frenzy barb…no others have been usable. I have however just ranked in the 300’s on the barb LB With my ww build…frenzy I got to 119, just did the 120 with ww and have 0 primals and only maybe half augments, few of which are 90’s gems not even 100 level aug yet.

It’s ok, I got my second “Sebor’s Nightmare”, so two useless primal belts…

1 Like