Primal Rework for Season 27! What Patch 2.5.0 Actually Said

I was looking something up and came across the original patch 2.5.0 when Primal Ancients were first introduced by Blizzard.

Link to the original notes:
This part written by Blizzard themselves! says: " * The stats on these items will be tailored to the character class you are playing when the item first drops"

That just made me laugh…“They are supposed be to tailored to the class you are playing”…I really wonder what they meant by “tailored” most players by now assume a read beam is 15 souls…

Many top streamers have made soooooo many suggestions, so many different fixes to Primals. 99% of the time I feel like crap when finding a Primal, before Primals.

1. Reduce the Primal Pool to the SAME as the Etheral Pool! The code should already be there since they made the limited pool already.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS OR JUST REMOVE PRIMALS

It means that the primal item will be able to be equipped on your character (or on your follower). Ie. you will not get a Crusader primal with your DH. Any primal dropped by your DH will be theoretically usable by it. It has nothing to do with the usefulness of that item.

This does not apply to the free primal you get in your first solo seasonal GR70. That primal obeys the “smart loot” law: 85% chance it will be for your class, 15% chance it will be for another class.

1 Like

All primals follow the smart loot system.

However this is the important bit:

Spot on. Even when one gets a primal version of a key item for a build, it may not be practical to use due to not having correct affixes.

My point was that they specifically mention “tailored”. I dont mean smart loot, but when I was reading it, its a old patch note, “tailored” I take it to mean that it is a degree above just smart loot. Why bother mentioning “~tailored~ to the class you are playing” when you get a primal Ashbringer…anyways.
Like when you get a tailor made suit, it fits you, its goes above and beyond. So I guess they should have been more specific about “how primals are tailored”

Just when you read it, it soulds good, like most Primals are suppose to be useful, going to a tailor to get a gg suit. But it ended up no different than any other drop.

The Etheral had specific legendary powers pool that can be taken from. Like you can never get an Eth with an Ashbringer affix…that sounds like its “tailored” to me.