Primal Items drop rate problems

Hi Blizzard! My name is George. I’m playing Diablo 3, Reaper of Souls about 1 year. It was a great experience. Congratulation for the good game you created. The problem i have encountered is regarding Primal Items drop rate. Until the last patch i got many Primal Items with a drop rate of 1 at 100 Legendary Items, i think. After the last patch i got 0 Primal Items and i am playing about 2 weeks every day. I got a non-seasonal character, barbarian, level 70, 2058 paragons. Please give me some answers and details. It is very frustrating! Thank you in advance. Waiting for your feedback.

Blizzard rarely, if ever, responds in this forum. If they did, they would probably tell you that you’re just experiencing a case of bad RNG and Primal items are meant to be extremely rare.

I’ve gone a couple of Seasons and got no Primal items, except the one that drops after completing my first GR70 Solo. Then, I’ve gone a couple of Seasons and got 6 to 8 Primal items not counting my first guaranteed drop.

I don’t play 10 to 12 hours a day every day. I’m a casual player. I complete every Season, but I don’t rush through it. I do this on 3 Regions. And unlike non-Season, Seasons only last 3 months. And then, I start all over again.

Welcome to D3 RNG.

2 Likes

The standard drop rate for Primals seems to be 1 in 400.
BTW, primal items are rarely of any use, having non required stats or are based on completely disused items.

Short-term variances in personal results of low chance events is not a bug.

Last time Blizzard commented about this was…

3 Likes