Primal Issue (Drop not usable)?

Not sure if this is best put here or somewhere else. I finally got my GR70 done to get my ‘free’ primal ancient. I’m running a monk this season, it is the only character I have active in the season at the moment. My ‘free’ primal ancient is a wizard helm. Why the heck can it give me an item not even usable by my class as what is probably the only primal I will likely get this season (I’ve had really bad luck on drops in the past, so I don’t expect that to improve)? Shouldn’t it be an item that is at least usable on that character? I wouldn’t be frustrated if it were an item I wasn’t going to use but could at least equip should I choose to. This is the first time I’ve managed to a 70 solo in a season I think, so haven’t had this issue before.

The ‘free’ primal is just an indicator of the “unlock” of primal. It is under the rule of normal drop. I.e. having 15% chance of other classes.

Other normal primal drops shall be your class specific.

Bare in mind, primal is NOT another item tier. They are still ancient tier. They may contain unwarned stats and useless for you. Don’t expect they will make dramatically improvement. Most of them end up as 15 souls.

I have beaten GR100 with 9 out of 13 items are non-ancient, no augmentation. You should focus on the skills and existing items, not dreaming for primals.

1 Like

You get what it drops just like all other drops. But if its good enough you can save it for another character and if not salvage it. If you keep playing you probably will pick up another primal or two now that it is unlocked before season ends or you could craft one. I crafted an unhallowed weapon as a primal… got to use it for awhile as well.