Primal Essence Turns Legendary Into Ancient

I know there have been many posts on the subject of primal ancient essence, but my wife and I have bounced around a much less game breaking idea. Salvaging primal ancients gives you primal ancient essence. That essence can be used to in a cube recipe to upgrade a normal legendary to ancient of the same item. It can cost 5-10 essence, plus whatever else would balance it. It doesn’t really break the game by giving anything great, since the item would be a new random drop. It would just be another avenue for gearing.

2 Likes

this would be cool and useful. and because it would be cool and useful it will never happen.

1 Like

This is good.
If you add one more thing for when they decide to completely change the stats on a legendary, 150 primal essence enables an existing primal to be reforged into an ancient with the new stats.
I know everyone wants the primal to a primal, but I cannot see them doing that.

We thought about an upgrade that would keep the same stats too. I didn’t bother to include it, since we just wanted the basic idea out there. It also seemed like it might be powerful enough to warrant a huge cost (as you suggested). I’m sure we all have a few regular legendarys that would be very good candidates for an upgrade.

1 Like