Primal Duplicate drops

As you can see in my records, I’ve been grinding a lot in D3. Not only for paragon levels but also for primal legendaries. I don’t know if its a bug, or just plain bad luck. But I’ve received 6 (SIX!) duplicates of primal items and the drop rate is horrible. Is this some sort of bug?

One of the things a player looks forward to after a long grind is finding that primal that is unique and different from what they’ve already received. Because of this, I’m starting to lose interest in the game…fast.

Is there anything you can do to make it right? Or am I just plain out of luck?

The said duplicate primal legendaries i’ve received are:

*Cindercoat
*Krelms belt
*Nagelring
*Bombardiers Rucksack
*Leorics Crown
*Broken Promises

THESE WERE ALL DROPPED IN THE SAME COUPLE OF DAYS.

Blizzard does not respond here. Blizzard’s QA Team are the only ones who read this (Bug Report) forum. As long as it’s “working as intended” there is nothing to do.

Actually, you ARE NOT out of luck. You have PLENTY of luck. Unfortunately, it’s BAD (RNG) luck. (Sorry).

All of these items are the more common Legendary items. That is: They are some of the Legendary items that drop more times than other Legendary items. Therefore, it is not unusual to see more Ancient AND Primal versions of these items.

In conclusion: This is NOT a bug.

3 Likes

“If it wasn’t for Bad Luck, I wouldn’t have no Luck at all.”
-Born Under a Bad Sign- Cream (among others)

Play this game long enough, and you will get duplicate ancient and primal ancient items. Just the luck of the draw. I’ve gotten duplicate primals for many items. This is a good thing if the first primal had terrible properties.

1 Like

If it makes you feel better my first 3 primals were the Gold belt lol. Yeah that red fluttering light to get nothing good is one thing. I have burned 200 GR keys this week and 0 primals. All RNGesus

And I thought I was special. Figures now, I’m not the only one. Oh well, less of the grind now, I got the ancients that I need anyway. Thanks for the feedback people.

Hunting for primals is always a setup for disappointment. Its been to go for the well rolled ancients as they are easier to get then finding dat one sweet primal. Most peoples primals anyway come from reforging, not from drops since at least with reforging, you know the primal will be the piece of gear your gonna use. Just find an extra of an item and leap frog with it via reforging with the one you wear until its the best it can be.

Every primal I’ve looted this season (besides for 1st GR70) has been the first legendary drop of the first nephy rift of the first multiplayer game of my login session. Save your keys!

A couple times I did try running t16 bounties for a full day so I could reroll an item several times (what I thought might be enough times) to get a decent ancient or primal version. Nope. So I don’t do that anymore. I find it more fun to just play the game and work with what you get.