Primal check possibly buged?

I rarely play D3 anymore. I hadn’t played in a while. Every now and then I come back for a bit.

One of the things I enjoy is hunting for Primal ancient items. I play on NS.

I farmed for several days (rifts, grs, bounties) and I didn’t get a single primal. While there’s RNG involved, that’s not how it typically plays out, as I’d usually get one or two primals a day easily (they might not be worth keeping, but I’d still get some).

I deleted existing characters (kept the gear, obviously), powerleved myself a fresh 70 (again on NS) and cleared GR 100+. Immediately I got a primal.

Is it possible, that the game “forgets”, that you’ve unlocked Primals from time to time?

No.

So you have never “pushed” to GR100 for a long time, it’s possible that your efficiency in non-Season, wasn’t worth rewarding a Primal for.

There’s a power gap between Seasons and non-Season thus your efficiency at the latter will get staggeringly slow compared to Seasonal play.

That.

1 Like

Farming for a couple of days is not a lot for a primal to drop. I’ve gone a week farming and have not received any. Then a gain, I have seen 3 drops (actually 6 items with Altar) within a few hours. The sad part was, none were worth keeping.

1 Like

I don’t remember which Season it was. But, there was one where I went the entire Season and the only Primal item I got was the guaranteed drop at GR70. It was before the Altar of Rites was introduced and I still completed the Season through the Guardian Chapter.

Then, there are Seasons when I’ve collected almost a dozen Primal items. Enough to complete the Altar and the 3 Potion Powers, craft a Primal Weapon and equip a couple of Primal items for my build.

When I have a good (Primal) Season, I get them from:

• Crafting Hellfire Jewelry.
  • Gambling Blood Shards with Kadala.
  • Crafting Weapons and/or Armor at the Blacksmith.
  • Upgrading Level 70 Rare items in the Cube.
  • Reforging Legendary items in the Cube.
  • And finally, drops from Rifts, Bounties and Visions.

They drop when they will; and don’t when they won’t.  

No. I clear above 100 every time.

That makes no sense, considering, that the requirement is 70.

The efficiency is fast GRs under 2min.
Theoretically it shouldn’t matter if you’re farmign 100 or 150, unless you’re talking shards.
As long as it’s higher than 70, it should be unlocked.

I don’t know about. I was used to getting one or two per day when I played before.

1 Like

“Efficiency” is not same as requirement to unlock Primals. Just like context is not same as the content.

Then it’s random chance. It has nothing to do with solo GR70 clear for first Primal unlock as it’s way behind you now. Game keeps track of everything. No need to write another conspiracy theory on Primals while we have plenty of those already.

Let’s not confuse efficiency with levels.

You only need to complete a GR70 in under the time limit once with a character in order to unlock the ability for that character to drop primals.

After that its completely RnG. You could farm at Normal and when legendaries drop there, they have the same chance as they do at GR150.

Granted, you need to farm at Torment 1 and higher for set items to drop still from the world, but I think Kadala still can drop shinies at level Normal, not to mention upgrades at the cube.

Everyone knows that Primals roughly fall at around 1 in 400 drops as an average.

But that doesn’t mean you don’t get streaks of nothing, or streaks of several either.

Just the other day I had 3 drop from 3 different tasks. (I had gotten my level 70 unlock, then not even 10 minutes later got one from Kadala, then a short bit later got one from a normal rift run)

So I burnt my 3 in 1200 drops all within 100 drops. lol

Now I expect to see a long drought before I get any more.

Now, the most efficient way vs time I have had is fissures at Torment 16. You can get 2-4 STASH PAGES of items pretty quickly from just one fissure. GR runs in 2-3 minutes are mostly good for Paragon farming, and you can get a full inventory of items in 3 back to back runs.

1 Like