Primal Ancient items

Okay, I did a quick search on and didn’t see a useful thread regarding this topic. (likely because i am WAY late to this question).

How many primal ancient items can you equip? I have inspected many other players that have many primal ancient parts of the same set equiped, but I can’t even equip two.

Is there a resource available that will explain? I currently have my weapon and my helm as primal, and it won’t let me equip any others (ring, necklace, or any other parts of the armor set).

What is really the point of this limit? Primals are just sever-so-slightly better versions of Ancient Legendary items… the overall boost in stats isn’t huge, so why limit them? Is it just to send people with OCD into fits?

You can only equip 1 crafted primal. You may equip all other armor-weapon-jewelry slots with natural dropped primals. blizz says…

1 Like

The limit is only on crafted primal, which is a mechanic that was just introduced with patch 2.7.5.

Previously, primals had to be farmed the old-fashioned way, and there is no limit on the number you can wear.

Hey thanks for the helpful info! I personally think that limit on crafted ones is absurd but at least now I know.

Cheers!

1 Like