Prides Fall and Captain set

Sorry wrong forum - hint: doesn’t work

We have the same issue with Akkhan’s 2-piece bonus. Look at the explanation for how to get the toughness to appear on sheet, (equip unequip equip):

~ Laws of Valor Unstoppable Force Does Not Buff Capt Crimson - #5 by dmkt-1267

I’m pretty sure i got this going with Pride’s Fall.

Theoretically, Laws of Valor:Unstoppable Force should be able to boost it another 50%.

1 Like

I tried your snapshotting trick with Pride’s Fall, and couldn’t get it to work. Equipping Crimson with Pride’s Fall already on, both active and inactive, doesn’t change the toughness granted.

It works now. It was fixed for the live patch.

1 Like

Akkahn’s 2-piece and Laws of Valor:Unstoppable now work without the trickery. Blizz did great with the feedback on these new items.

2 Likes

Isn’t the dmg reduction from pride’s fall kind of a moot point? As soon as you get hit, you lose the rcr, which means you lose the dmg reduction. You only care about dmg reduction when you’re getting hit. So you have it when you don’t need it, and don’t have it when you do need it.

Well it offsets the Squirt penalty almost completely! When Pride’s Fall is up you gain 30% RCR which equates to 1.429x toughness with Captain Crunch (multiplicative with other RCR). This almost completely offsets the 1.5x damage taken debuff from Squirts.

If I’m hearing you correctly, you’re saying that the 1.429x toughness will protect you the first time you’re hit, after which squirts debuff will drop and you’ll gain 1.5x toughness. Is that correct?

I guess that’s meaningful if you’re worried about getting one-shot because of squirts, but I’d rather have dmg reduction for more than just the initial hit.

I’m also thinking that most builds you’d have to lose gunes to gain pride’s fall. That seems like a hard sell. Bottom line though, I love having lots of valid options and diversity :grin:

It’s even more meaningful if you use the Gizzard gem, while your shield is up, both Squirts and Pride’s Fall will be active and the extra RCR will make the shield last a little longer.

1 Like

Thank you for this posting. Until now, I “thought” that the RCR from Yang offsets the damage increase by Squirts. You know … 50% more damage equals 50% less damage … but that is (obviously) wrong.

But in general, the toughness increase by Crimson is quite impressive.

Original damage: 100
x 0,5 (Yang)
x 0,9 (10% Paragon)
x 0,8 (20% Crimson)
= 36

So that’s a 64% damage reduction. Considering 50% more damage by Squirts on the first hit, we still have

36 x 1,5 = 54

Still a 46% damage reduction. ( Or is this calculation off?)

And all this without considering higher toughness by using Crimsons belt instead of WH, and not considering Prides Fall and/or a Topaz in helm.