Prey to people not reporting you in game

How long is your silence supposed to last currently?

I don’t know. I saw the email they’ve sent me and went into playing. Suddenly this problem occured and now I’m here.

I get peoples opinions about “you do the crime, do the time”. And I am glad that Blizzard decides to mute people instead of banning them.

However, I just want people to realise, that while I am getting punished by my actions ( muted in game ), this matter is not on me.
If they intend to not let me play and/or fix the problem, at least let me know.

Nobody would/should wait over 60 days for this to be fixed.

1 Like

Ummm actually you are wrong. Depending on the reasons for the ejection and the time of ejection from the point of buying the ticket, any court will make the company refund the price of the ticket.

Really I dont own the game? I am looking at the discs right now.

Also What kind of fool only buys a digital version of a game. As I already stated. I own every version for every system and have bought the game for 7 other account.

lmao Come on now. I am starting to loose faith in this sites appointments of MVP. You do know that the majority of players of this game are children under 18 right? Also you do know that collecting data on anyone under 18 is illegal right? Which makes it so the majority of people do not use their real information on this. Or any online service.

And As for closing the account. Like I said. Sign up for a new on and buy the game for 3 bucks. Ohhh lost 5 min of time.

2 Likes

Do you still have the e-mail? I have never been silenced in game or forum suspended so I do not know what they say.

The closest I ever came was a single system e-mail saying that a post of mine was flagged by many poster and that it would be reviewed. If the post was fine after review, the flags would be removed and the post would be made visible. Seveal hours later, the post was made visiable and the notification that the post was “hidden” due to community flags was removed.

Ok ill be frankly honest. I think this whole silence thing is stupid to begin with. It shows personal weakness in people. If you cant deal with their personality (I know that feeling as I normally dont like most people ) Kick them out of the group and move on. Or even better yet, dont play with strangers.

2 Likes

It is my understanding that silence can be appealed. If Blizzard upholds the appeal, it means that a Blizzard employee decided that you did indeed violate their rules. You can imagne that there are a number of trolling and hateful comments that have no business being said in chat or on the forum for that matter.

Its most likely a standard email like I used to use when I banned people from the site I used to moderate. Something along the lines of

“You are being silenced for xxx time for xxx reason.” If you think this is not right contact xxx to appeal.

2 Likes

Nope. I tend to clean up on things like my email. I could write to support, but I know I at least will miss out on season 19 and the pet that comes along with it.
They write an email stating the penalty and the reason why. It also states when the end date is due.
But after 2-3 mutes, you will not get the chance of an appeal. So even if you “just defended yourself”, people in game can just report away and get you muted and then not able to play.

I think it’s a fine idea. When the reports actually needs a penalty. Instead of banning people for breaking the rules, they take away the possibility of people being even more toxic in game and yes, you did sign up for following their rules.
But the entire issue is, there is nothing looking like a fix.

1 Like

You own the discs. You don’t own Diablo 3. Have you read the EULA you agreed to? It covers that.

I specified ejection for breaking the rules in the park. That does not required a refund.

No, no they are not. That you would even make such an assumption without any data to back it up is kind of confusing. Why would you do that?

1 Like

This is what I am thinking. It would state the duration of the silence.

Edit: I didn’t see TuneOut’s rely because I was typing.

The email does have the duration of the silence. I asked support recently about how it is listed on the notification. It has the end date, not the # of hours or days. I also confirmed the standard silence does start at 24 hours.

If TuneOut really wants me to find out the duration of their silence I probably can, but I would need him to request it here in writing so I can point to the post and get a reply - or instruction on how to get the last penalty email re-sent. They won’t share account info with me personally.

Wow you don’t read up on a thread before you comment do you. As a student of business law. Yes I read it. And I gave it as much credit as it was due. We used these agreements in class all the time. About how companies will hide illegal things in the TOS and then force people that dont know any better to follow them.

Actually it does, in some cases. Have you ever studied business law? Murphy VS Disney. He sued after being ejected for breaking the rules which were in the TOS and yet ended up not being enforceable.

Now what makes you think I have nothing to back it up. Lets just toss this out there that maybe just maybe I do research before posting on line. Or maybe I have this data from the job that do IRL? What makes you assume that it is an assumption.

You really seem like a Blizzard shill these days. Stop reading to respond and try reading to understand. Then go and research it, after reading the first 5 court cases im sure you will understand.

Simple matter is that the EULA is not always enforceable. They can put what ever they want in there. Doesnt mean they can act on it even if you do agree to it.

But think what ever you want. I have been doing this for so long I watch people like you come and go.

3 Likes

Before replying to that one. I know I am a hot head. I know I burst out. I get that I need to be held accountable for my actions in game. But this is just getting too far out with the entire timeline of this.
And thank you for the help you have done so far. It’s nice of you to look into things and try what you can.

I just know I will miss out on s19, so no need to look more into it.
I will miss out on the pet and the achievements, and that is enough for me.
I miss playing. And when I like a game, I really hate missing out on things I cannot get back.

People should go play COD and them come back here. They would complain a whole lot less.

I still think it is stupid but then I guess I can deal with people better then most.

1 Like

Have not touched that since cod4 for my xbox back then. I get other games are worse, but this is enough for me heh

I am pretty sure that Blizzard, Activision, and other large software developers employ or have on retainers a team of lawyers for these agreements.

So do companies that put void if removed stickers on products even thought they are not enforacble

2 Likes

Have you considered that some players deliberately make provocative comments in the chat, skirting as close to the line of breaking the rules themselves without actually doing so, precisely to goad others to respond in a manner that does break the rules, just so they can report the goaded players for having responded in a manner that broke the rules?

Trolls get bored if no-one feeds them. Stop taking their bait.

You stated you took one class and that much of the material was above you.

Yes, which I already discussed. Of course aspects that are illegal can’t be enforced. Outside of illegal things though, business contracts are enforceable.

You don’t have that data. I would wager my many many years of Blizzard games, especially Diablo series, and my time here on the forums. The average age of Diablo players is 30s. Average age of gamers overall in the video game industry is too. (Source - google “average age of video gamers” and all the returned articles say the same thing.) This is a M rated title as well, not that it stops people, but it is not a game aimed at children. The majority of video gamers are not under 18 as you assumed.

Its not a bad thing. It helps teach people how to handle those that upset them. ITs not like you can mute or ban someone in real life. Sop by doing this all Blizzard is doing is retarding peoples coping mechanizes. But to each their own. Like I have said, I have no dog int the fight really.