Power affixes is a HORRIBLE IDEA

This actually is a great system. Improved D2 attributes. Instead of hard requirement like D2, it’s soft requirement which means new players won’t brick their characters because they can equip everything regardless. Itemization becomes a game of trade-off which is just a good design really. It allows for more nuanced decisions like intentionally ignoring certain affixes on certain items just to take advantage of those that benefit you or trying to balance the new attributes across your whole character to hit breakpoints for various stats.

When Blizz wants to try something new, people especially D2 diehards are so eager to trample on it, not knowing the full details yet. These people should go back, sleep in the cryonic bed and wait for D2 Remastered to get released.

Remember, D4 balance team comes from SC2, a game that has to be as balanced as possible to become a world tournament, unlike the casual D2 or D3. You guys can contribute ideas, but thinking you know better about balancing than these people is outright arrogant and stupid at the same time.

Why something added should fix another thing? Can’t it be a completely new thing? Or imagination and innovation is completely unnecessary according to these people? They should go and live in Stone Age.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with attributes, but the requirements

Attributes act as req in D2. That’s the similarity.

The only one
Exactly
No way to customize your characters traits with each level up

But that’s beside the point.

Its just no improvement at all
Its an other system, that gives u restrictions and choices but related to items, not to point allocations

I think it’s an improvement on the requirement part.

Its indeed an improvement, to go from a hard to a soft cap (sacred 2 has that as well)
But when you lock specific important stats behind a system like that it becomes impossible to balance your char around things like your elemental resistances etc.

That’s details to be ironed out and playtested. Which affixes are tuned to what stats will be changed a lot even post-launch.

No need for that. This is simply over-complication of things with no meaningful purpose. A good itemization does NOT need such mechanic.

Not really overconplication. Pretty easy to understand really. It’s a cool mechanic. Juggling items in D2 was fun. I already said why it has meaningful purpose.

Agree, the system is so easy to understand even a primary school student can get it easily. Hard to min/max indeed but that’s how it should be, easy to learn, hard to master.

No it is not cool. It is a forced mechanic with no meaningful purpose.

This has nothing to do with whether power requirements are fixed or random. In both cases you end up juggling items.

You said what’s its purpose. It’s not meaningful however.

Yeah let’s ignore what I said about the implication of the system.

I am not ignoring it. I agree with what you said besides it has a meaning. I can make a system that forces us even more and explain how it works. No need for that however.

Meaningful or not is subjective. Personally I think the system is still too simple. And D4 needs something new, something of its own too. It needs to be unique.

No need for anything really if you are not willing to accept anything. Let’s just agree to disagree. I think this will enrich itemization.

It’s not subjective. It’s related to how proper game design works.

It is in no way enriching the itemization more than what many other suggested - to have random power requirements, and what I suggested - to cut the direct link between powers and effects and let the player choose the buff-debuff-procs weight distribution himself a la Talents mechanic.