Post to thank @Free for all the hard work

I started playing a wizard again after a long while away (because Barbs rock) and I noticed that I didn’t see any in depth guides on their forums like the one(s) we have each season for WW/Rend.

So I figured I would take the time to start this thread so everyone who want to can pop in and thank Free for all his hard work putting together these posts. Not only do they tell you what skills/ gear/ etc, to use, but they educate you in the WHY and the HOW, which ends up being more important.

Anyone can go to icy veins and look up a build, but I’ve seen lots of people who don’t know how their spec plays, or why they are using item X/ skill Y…

So, Thanks Free for everything you’ve done for the Barb community!

21 Likes

As a dude who has mostly been a lurker since ~S3.

ditto

4 Likes

For Free’s a jolly good fellow.
Hip-hip-hooray.
Blows kisses…
Sprinkles rose petals.
Toast, lift 'em high…

2 Likes

Indeed he’s done good work. Can’t forget others such as Rage as well, the resident calculator wiz with high level in game experience as well!

12 Likes

Thanks Seras!

It’s a great community we have here. Even if it is perhaps a bit smaller and quieter than it once was. I get a little sad when I think of the folks who are no longer around, like Cendiesel, Nubtro, S4v4g3, Prokahn, Hadd, Foamy… to name just a few.

Thanks to everybody who remains for keeping the fury bubble full and the stacks at max!

9 Likes

Thanks to everyone who gives sage advice and makes the barb forum my favorite.

3 Likes

Thank you! Thank you :smiley:

I am playing my second season and I learn lots reading the guides and posts.
I appreciate everyone’s work and input.

2 Likes

Upon reaching a personal milestone in D3 for patch 2.7 (achieving respectable rankings in all the barb leaderboards, solo since like season 5 since no Bnet friends left, paragon 3100 odd), I just wanted to add my vote of thanks to Free, Rage and all the others who have greatly contributed to my understanding of the game.

3 Likes

Thanks, Rasalom! Your kind words are much appreciated!

I’m not here very often these days (more on that in another post soon), but I do still poke my head in now and again. The Barb forums are amazing. Everything else? Yeesh.

Again, thank you for your kind words. I’ve always enjoyed helping other players, and I’m glad I could be of service!

8 Likes

Thank you Free for the excellent Rend guide, not to mention the zbarb guide and every contribution you’ve made here in these hallowed halls. You might remember I came here from Icy Veins, which didn’t even mention hard-casting rend, maybe still doesn’t. The guide here was quite over my head at first but the more I got into it…i don’t know, I guess the depth of analysis and explanation here really spoke to my inner geek. I really appreciate what you, Chris, Rage, Seras, and others have given here and continue to give. Thank you!

5 Likes

Yes a big thank you to all,the guides and advice are great and helped me advance farther than i have before. Having a blast with my WW barb again and working on my H90 frenzy and that IK wep throw barb :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Barbarian forum is by far the friendliest and has the most in-depth guides than all the other forums combined. I always make it a point to follow Free and Rage on any topic they start because I know it will be informative. Great job to all who contribute. Thank you all.

3 Likes

Welcome back, Mydnite! (Saw your other post… why’d you delete it?) Glad you’re having fun, if you have any questions, just ask in the relevant thread and one of the regulars will help you out.

1 Like

@Rage I didnt want to be that guy making another post when this one already existed.
That said,Im having fun relearning everything and finally hit 1k para,and beat a GR100.Trying all the new sets that came out when i was away,tried GoD DH and that PoJ monk when I realized I already had a spinny char LOL.
While my gear isnt great it is better since my barb was pre-rend buff,still have a lot to fix/replace.hence why some of my gear has odd rolls. I play solo/casual and would not have gotten as far withput the help found here :smiley:

4 Likes

What I think is lame is how Icy Veins STILL hasn’t fixed their site after as long as it’s been up. They show the items you’d want, but it’s nearly impossible to read their stats. Now, obviously you can look elsewhere or already know, but there’s literally no point in trying to see what the item does because it’s impossible unless you have your screen flipped vertically.