Post deleted by author

post deleted by author

1 Like

The patch notes were put out before the patch in a blog, you can find them here:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23428368/season-21-trials-of-tempests-begins-july-3-6-4-2020#Items

I linked to the section where the Patch Notes start… it is titled:

Patch Notes

Below you will find the final patch notes for the most recent update for Diablo III, Patch 2.6.9. Changes specifically from the original PTR have been highlighted in RED.

The issue here is that they removed the section of the website that normally had the patch notes. And now also aren’t listing the official final patch notes with the date the patch launched. This is the first patch in the history of D3 that hasn’t done this.

Between the patch notes section of the website being removed and the final patch notes not being listed in their own section of the blog, it will be much more difficult to find the final patch notes and their release date several years down the road.

If you scroll down through the blogs, you can actually access every the final release of single set of D3 patch notes. I compiled a list for reference after they removed the patch notes section of the website last week:

By burying the patch notes for 2.6.9 in the S21 announcement blog post, it will be much more difficult to find the patch notes in the future. Also that blog only states that they expect the patch notes to be released on June 23. If there was a delay and the patch notes were released a day or two later, you would have no way of knowing that from the blog post. The only place the patch release date is announced is in a forum post buried in a thread. And given we lost access to the old forums, that forum post announcing the actual date the 2.6.9 patch is live might not exist down the road.

There should be a full separate blog post announcing the patch is live and containing the full final patch notes and the date the patch was released to live servers. It’s important for data accessibility down the road.

2 Likes

They aren’t ‘buried’ anywhere. You can access them through the Bnet Launcher. No need to slog through blog posts.

1 Like

It’s not a fix, but you can use the wiki in order to access previous patch notes if you so desire to:

Hopefully Blizzard brings back the patch notes section for the website, as I honestly don’t see a positive reason to remove it, assuming that they removed it on purpose that is.

2 Likes

It must be overwhelming for some people to click on the “View the Patch Notes” in Battlenet.

Looks like that only goes back to 2.6.7 though. What happens in 3 years when you need to reference the 2.6.9 notes for something and they aren’t accessible in the Bnet launcher anymore? I still go back to the 2.4.1 etc. notes at times. Those aren’t available in the Bnet launcher anymore, unless I’m missing something. Once the 2.6.9 notes disappear from the launcher, you’ll have to slog through the blog posts. And once they slide off the Bnet launcher, you won’t know which day the patch was officially released on, unless you happen to stumble across that forum post. The blog notes only state the day they expect the patch to be released, not the day they were officially released on. I think at least one patch in the past was postponed by a day from the date they anticipated launching it due to unforeseen issues.

2 Likes

Well, speaking for myself, I can’t fathom why I would ever need to reference back to patch notes from years ago or care what date they were released on. Does it affect game play today? No…

The Bnet Launcher contains links to the last 5 patch notes. That’s fine. But 3 + years? Really? Pretty sure anything that old has no relevance to the game as it currently stands.

Oh pick me! I can explain why I used them!

We often get people who suggest “new” game features, or insist something was X way forever. I prefer to use the actual patch notes to demonstrate factually when features were introduced, and what the Dev intent was. I am not the only one who just really likes to have all the change notes handy to review so game evolution can be discussed.

They do need to bring back our Patch Notes Page.

4 Likes

With all due respect, MissCheetah, it’s a video game. I don’t take it all that seriously, myself. To each his / her own, however.

Exactly :slight_smile: I really do use those notes but don’t expect anyone else to be excited by them outside a small group. It hurts nothing though for them to exist and I wanted to help explain what some of us use them for! :cookie: :cake:

1 Like