(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

5 Likes

Interesting idea tossing out Legendary’s.

I would like to see anything make Blackthorns useful, even if only for the low-mid game (where I spend all my time). I swear the RNG gods love to give me ancients and Primals of Blackthorns. And Krelms.

2 Likes

multiplicative 5x damage lasts 15 seconds and no stack limit? Well you may be able to pass tier 200 if there is…

Not sure if you or I misunderstand multiplicative. I think +400% damage of N multiplicative stacks multiplies your damage by 5^N.

I was thinking along the lines of making it a craftable set. Of course, reworking it so that players will actually want to use it. Yeah, it could be that ‘thorns’ set that any class can use or it could have updated immunities that will reflect the current state of D3.

Remember, back in the day, being immune to those monster effects was huge. Now? Not, really. It definitely needs a major overhaul to fit into the game flow of today’s D3.

2 Likes

Anything would be better. Right now its an instant salvage. If lucky a primal for 15 souls.

:thinking:

I got a better idea:

Delete from loot tables.

The end.

1 Like

Better idea:

     4- Blackthorne's Battlegear: gain X% more damage and X% DR.

You wouldn’t be able to utilize as much legendary affixes, nor use LoN, but you would be able to mix and match a few different set bonuses to create different builds. Blizzard would have to add Blackthorne’s Bracers, however.

With this kind of idea, you can use three pieces of BT, 5 of a class set and RRoG with both weapon slots,two ring, two armor slots and your offhand slot free and try completely new builds. But this would be a considerable balancing act with the more powerful six piece class sets, like Wastes and Mugdungu's.

It might be better as an entirely new 6 piece set with a 15,000% multiplier.

So the biggest problem I see with this suggestion is that set items are legendary items. You would have to change that to make this set not defeat itself.

Now assuming that you fix that issue I really don’t like the idea of the 6-piece bonus being nothing more than an improvement of numbers to the 2-piece. It basically makes the 2-piece bonus redundant. I also hate the idea of a set removing cube effects. Finally I really don’t think a set’s bonus should amplify the effects of other sets directly. It forces links between sets that don’t really have any reason to be linked.

1 Like

How about something along the line of:

2p
Reduce damage of melee attacks by 30%
Reduce damage of ranged attacks by 30%

3p
Increase your main stat by 60%
Increase your Vitality by 60%

4p
You are immune to Desecrator, Molten, and Plagued monster ground effects.

It’s simple and elegant, offers a 60% damage and 30% DR which is possible to add in to most builds, and you get a healthy amount of HP aswell. Might need to be stronger as it does use the amulet slot, but still puts it in line with Captain Crimson and Aughild’s set.

I’m not entirely sure if you can activate the 4p while wearing any 6p sets, but I seem to recall it being possible which limits the power one could potentially put on it. Otherwise it could be possible to put a damage modifier on it but it can’t exceed 1500% as it is now (otherwise it will break Crusader, more specific Condemn Akkhan).

Because you can’t do that. Classes aren’t balanced that way, just look at LoD and LoN as a reference. These doesn’t even work on all classes.

The best thing you can do it is give it an early game burst (thou most won’t use that either due to Headrig’s Gift, or make it compatible with other sets. Most interesting thing you can could do is make less attractive affixes more beneficial in some way, like they did with RCR on Captain Crimson.

This also provides an early game boost (although minor) but increases endgame potential aswell.

Not even close. That’s why they added skill enhancing legendaries in the first place, to make useless skills less useless. However that just started the power creep train.

Also a rebalance of skills aren’t going to happen, right now D3 is in respiratory confinement, being kept alive until D4 can take the mantle and carry on the franchise.

And social nice they just have to realease a new patch every season to shake things up, you’ve got enough patches for over a year balancing just one set per class each season.

And that’s a much more likely and intuitive approach. We can all dream about what D3 could have been, but that leads nowehere as the game has run it’s course and it is what it is now. Accept that and salvage or mend whatever you can from that.