Poor leg drop rate

I’m #1358. Played neph rift at T9 & only got 2 legendaries!?!? No leg drop from rift boss! wth!?
then i tried great rift T8 & got 2 leg of low level quality!? again wth!
pls fix it!!

RNG is not a bug. Nothing to fix.

2 Likes

As VitaKaninen stated, this is not a bug.

At T9 the Legendary drop rate in Rifts is 369%. That may sound like a lot. But, it is not.

On T16 the Legendary drop rate in Rifts is 1,760%. At that point, you’ll find more Legendary items than Rare items.

Check out D3 Resource’s Difficulty Overview for more information on Legendary drop rate, Legendary drop rate (Rifts), and Legendary drop rate from Horadric Caches.

2 Likes

That is about the normal rate for a T9 rift. At t13, I get 3-4 legendary items drop. t16 around 6. This is on average of course.

I am positive that Blizzard nerfed drop rates in rifts when they introduced the t14-16 difficulty levels a few seasons back.

Nope.

1 Like

well, I’ve noticed an increase in primal drop rates once I clear GR100 for the past 5 seasons, as have several of my PS4 mates. Are we all imaging it? You make the assumption that Blizzard always tells us the truth…I’m not quite that naive!

Yes

The Ancient:Leg and Primal:Ancient ratios increase with difficulty, but that has not changed.

The 1/400 number comes from the RosBot site where they post the drop stats from the bots.

If you only play on T1, you will have a lot less than 1/400 primal drop rate on average. If you run GR 120s, you will probably average more than 1/400 primal drop rate. Someone would need to break down what level the bots were running and then average the drops by difficulty.

If you read the blog post where Blizzard first introduced Ancients into the game, they stated that the drop rate for ancients increases with difficulty. I am sure the same applies to primals.

The 1/10 stat applies only to Kadala, and is not dependent on game difficulty.

I have recorded my own drops when running T6, T13, and T16, and the ratio of ancients to Legs does increase with difficulty.