Poj vs Sunwuko for Monk

Who is using PoJ or Sunwuko. I have found with Poj you can push out as much damage as Sunwuko with much less effort trying to keep spirit up for channeling Tempest Rush.
Combo hitting blinding flash & serenity,while have Squirts Necklace on then properly releasing for flurry. You have massive hits.

Sunwuko TR does more damage that PoJ TR monk thus at the top of the leaderboards you will see Sunwuko TR monks but PoJ TR is an easier playstyle.

But PoJ TR cannot do the same damage as Sunwuko TR. The Vengeful Wind buff gives Sweeping Wind 13 total stacks now (up from the old max of 10). 1,500% * 13 = 19,500%, versus the flat 15,000% for PoJ.

Of course, 4th slot makes it interesting in S22 and Monks will be able to use the Shenlongs for way more damage with PoJ although making the playstyle very rotational based.

2 Likes

I understand the math of this. What I’m suggesting, the ability to put out nearly as much damage with much less spirit management and a Shenlong like effect you can produce using Serenity with Squirt’s necklace. This makes the amount of time I take to clear a GR 110 much faster than when I use Sunwuko.
You have to use Serenity and Squirts necklace, in conjunction with the proc from Cesar’s Memento with Blinding Flash,then properly time Flurry Release of TR. I will consistently hit mobs when timed correctly for over 100 Trillion points of damage.

For sure but the top players will use Sunwuko TR without any Seasonal buff ie NS…the Shenlong this season with 4th cube slot will be a massive damage buff but requires very concise play and will separate the men from the boys in the leaderboards.

I’m looking forward to trying it!

2 Likes

You can try looking at in a D3planner. They were also talking about Inna 6/Uliana 4 Seven sided strike build. I think Northwar was a few days ago.

Serinity + squirts often times only results in 30-40% damage increase verses 350% damage increase from shenlongs. The two variants aren’t even close. Both will still only pop once every 20 seconds.

PoJ vs Sunwuko: PoJ is faster in non push rifts, making it great for speed runs and farming. Sunwuko does 30% more damage than PoJ when comparing set bonuses. Again PoJ with serinity and squirts will likely only result in 30-40% damage increase, bringing it on par with sunwuko. The difference is you have to run squirts and have to use serinity. Sunwuko can opt to run squirts and serinity, or like I did, run flavor of time with stricken and replace serinity with blinding flash.

@Ic0n0clast87 I6U4 , or as I like to call it Ulinnas, was an interesting build way back in the day. I never attempted it again after all the buffs because it is very limited on damage mitigation. The only form of damage mit is the spirit guards. With 4th cube slot would add Lefevbres or 7-sided belt, but it would still be pretty squishy.