PoJ Monk versus Necro in S31

For pushing greater rifts without bosses that summon adds, which will class/buils be better for pushing?

1 Like

Good question, been wondering this myself.

Maxroll should have their “lists” out soon, asked Raxx earlier on his stream and he said they will be out before the season starts.

1 Like

Maxroll has their updated tier list. Both PoJ and a bunch of Necro builds are S tier for GR pushing.

My gut is telling me several necro builds win out over PoJ.

They have? Mine still shows season 30 lists.

You likely are correct. The last update was April 1 for the tier list.

However…

When you click on the build, the build guides have been updated. You can tell by looking at the necro builds with 3 cubed weapons.

Yeh noticed that now, weird they didn’t update the tierlist… think I’ll go with necto LoD Nova build… never really played necro before, so might aswell get my moneys worth out of it since I bought it lol.

1 Like

Maxroll.gg doesn’t update D3 like they used to. Here it’s a day before season 31 start and they haven’t updated most of the builds on any of the tier lists. I guess we might as well get used to it. D3 is on life support.

1 Like

It simply looks like they do not rank with the current theme but they update all build guides with the theme which is the important part. Makes sense if they no longer push or even play a season to change rank from NS. This season in particular would just be all over the place, with most Necro being S++ tier, kinda silly to do one.

You’d think they could just sort of take their baseline NS tier rankings, then have a separate set of power modifiers for each season theme for each build. Then just apply their season theme modifier table each season once the theme is released.

Kind of like Rage/dmkt did for their predicted adjusted clear rankings at the start of S30, adjusting the NS numbers for each build for theoretical power gain from the season theme.

So basically all they would need is their NS baseline power, then a separate modifier table for each season theme. Then each new season, apply the modifiers to their NS baseline and update their tier list. Could be mostly automated going forward once they build the season theme modifier tables.

They could do it mostly theoretically since the game isn’t changing much. E.g. ‘this necro build gains this weapon from free cube so gains 5 tiers, this build gains CoE so gains 3 tiers etc.’. Just sort of go build by build and make a season theme modifier table like that.

It might not be 100% accurate, but their tier lists aren’t 100% accurate anyway (DMO FO is absolutely not a B tier pushing build). It’d probably be good enough to give an idea each season.

4 Likes

It’s because Wudijo mainly takes care over Necromancer and Demon Hunter class guides. He has been playing Diablo 3 in and out even though he mainly streams D4 now. I reckon other writers just quit playing D3 for the sake of playing D4, or grow out of the franchise due real life struggles so their testing takes some time.

I would say they’re comparable but I think Monks will have better comfort zone with less obstacles while Necromancers will have raw power. PoJ Monk can phase through wallers by the help of Altar, Necromancer have to deal with positioning while try to channel Blood Siphon or spam Corpse Lance.

edit: Seems like they have removed LoD TR with Seph and SWK LTK with Crimson’s guides. I wonder why. I have a feeling that either they’re hiding some useless information or don’t care anymore.

A lot of the builds I looked at haven’t been updated yet. I don’t think D3 is a priority for them. I think they’re too spread out trying to cover too many different games.

If you think of it in business terms, it probably makes sense.

I imagine their D3 traffic is way down as the playerbase shrinks, so it probably gets harder and harder to justify having people spend a bunch of hours updating the D3 guides. Unless it’s a passion project for somebody.

New games get way more traffic, so if they focus their hours on new content, that should generate a lot more revenue. Then they can just sort of leave their old guides up and let some ad revenue continue to trickle in from that without much active management.

I have no idea how their business model or compensation for guide writers actually works, but I assume they aren’t making nearly as much revenue on the D3 guides anymore vs. newer titles. So they’d probably want to make proportional cuts to the hours they spend updating guides for old games.

4 Likes

Yeah I think it’s awesome they still are working on it instead of just abandoning it completely, I was actually pleasantly surprised to see the update notes for this month since all the YouTube videos kinda indicated the end @ S30.

Your idea of them using that baseline and having separate set of power modifiers for each theme like the adjusted clears Rage/dmkt is a great idea for them to use in a way, I would think they only have to do something like this one time till it gets decided exactly what themes are going to rotate then can be finally done assuming there’s no further baseline balance changes.

1 Like

very good question brother

Maxroll released their S31 tier list. They put only necro buulds as S fier. PoJ dropped to A tier.

1 Like

Made up my mind on what to start out as… LoD Death Nova!

PoJ is shy on raw power but less fishing than necros in terms of RG. I d recommend PoJ for versatility since even it’s T16 versions are efficient enough unlike necros, which you want to swap to another t16 build. The advantage of Inna MA isn’t that huge on T16 over PoJ unless you have OCD like me.

1 Like

Rend Barb.

Doors > poj monk

That is all