Poe sux, change my mind

So, basically you contradict yourself and calls yourself a bashful hippocrate… Btw. “grown man” Hippocrates was a greek physician

1 Like

Who puts hippos in crates these days? Shameful animal cruelty. Shameful.

Talking about old men, where is Avalon?! He’s an old fart. If your reading this, chime in!

It seems to me that you are unable to process information and make coherent arguments. Thats why I question your age. Nothing personal, I don’t even know you just judging by your lack of thinking beyond your biased fan boy opinion. I can be converted to Poe if you point out what makes this game fun.

When I walk into a meeting at work we all take turns announcing how grown-up we are before beginning any business. This affirms we all belong there and are all capable adults!

Sheesh…

2 Likes

Company meeting policy where I work: we do that then flick boogers at each other for an hour before we retire to our desks for naptime.

1 Like

You did not questioning my age, you called me directly, a kid. Which you either a, need my age to confirm it or b, straight out lying about it just to get back at me with a misinfo.
I am not the one slinging words around not able to spell them correctly. You still didn’t reply to the entire “did you play D3”, nor the fact, that you contradicted yourself in your last comment.
Where do I show, that I am a socalled fanboy. A fan of what? I have never played Poe. I am not a fan of anything.
Why should anyone help you decide anything here really? With your display of your attitude and your lack of being somewhat grown in any context.

Sure I have, for example when I wake up with my allergies acting up; I’m quick to respond with “Having allergies suck”. However aiming that towards a game or any object of entertainment that I know a lot of people enjoy (even if I myself want nothing to do with it), then no I don’t talk like that.

If you wanted detailed responses on why people play poe, you’re better off going to their forums and asking the community what makes the game fun for them.

People play POE not bcs of the graphics. (Even this get fixed, POE 2 looks fantastic)

They play POE bcs of the build diversity, content diversity, bcs the huge endgame,…simply bcs its a good game. :wink:

Yes before the endgame its a bit pathetic & slow (ofc if you played the story about 100 times to level chars) but once reacing the endgame it’s one of the most fun & versatile ARPGs out there.

Esp. bcs some essential items for builds are very rare and you need days/weeks only to complete your builds and some more weeks to min/max it…means you hunt actually for items to improve, like in Diablo 2 f.e.

To compare it with D3…here you have a full build within 1-2 days in a new season, min/max it after 1 week with ancients and the rest of the time you hunt for Paragon XP.

Doesent mean that I dislike Diablo 3, quite opposite…but if I want more complexity, endgame and actually want to farm for items instead Paragon I always switch to POE after about 1 month in a D3 season.

You can express your opinion in a civilized manner. You can say you like or dislike something. That is very different than being rude and insulting the game, the people who developed it, or the people who enjoy it. Which is what people often do.

I must say. With christmas parties coming up soon, the dev team for D3 sure can have some fun, looking at some of the posts on here.

1 Like

Best drinking game ever.
Anytime some mentions wanting D4 to be exactly like D2, drink. They would probably need to hire an entirely new team after new year.

PoE sux, change my mind

You do realize, that you just described Diablo 3, right?
10/10 trolling! I approve!

D4 is a copycat! Why are Blizzard trying copy David Brevik’s implementation of shared zones and world bosses from Marvel Heroes?

Probably, because Blizzard abandoned many of the good things about D2 and and made D3 very different. I guess GGG figured they should make a game, that appeals to D2 players since Blizzard weren’t doing that at the time.

1 Like

It’s easy to change you mind, after all you are a self proclaimed grown man.

Ok, here we go…

1. Grown men don’t write that something sux, grown boys do.
  2. Millions of people enjoy playing PoE, so it doesn’t suck, it’s just a game you don’t enjoy.

There, that was easy.

2 Likes

And…how would you describe diablo 3, exactly ?

Millions of people enjoyed Season 7 and 8 of Game of Thrones (probably because they were high all the time and that messed up their perception). That doesn’t mean Season 7 and 8 of GoT were good.

That’s not to say, that PoE is a bad game. I I wish it was made in a manner, that group play wasn’t so discouraged (in a similar fashion to how D2 was).
PoE is mostly a solo game. That’s what I really don’t like about it.

PoE does suck. It sucks for all the entitled snowflakes that require their build be prepared for them, their items fall like rain, and their gameplay be a mindless challenge-less care bear smashing face tanking bonanza.

Basically it sux for anyone who dislikes RPG’s.

I dislike the UI in Poe, especially on console. It’s very clunky and it could use an updated graphics engine and some better / simplified mechanics for people without the time to digest the million skill options.

That said, it’s a good game that is free to play, really free to play. At least the last time I played it was. It might have changed. But when I was playing regularly, you could enjoy the game without spending anything other than time. The money was for flashy effects and cosmetics, but they didn’t impact gameplay.

If that has changed and it’s more pay-to-win, then I won’t go back to it. The other good thing about it, if you really like options and choices that matter, is the skill system. It’s seem pretty deep and I like that there usually a couple of paths to get to a key capstone ability, depending on your play style.

I wish it had an armory option, or the ability to respec on the fly. I’m always worried that I’ll end up on the wrong path or screw up something (especially when you include skill bonuses and items stats/requirements. There is a planner that can be useful. But I’d love it if games would start to include this within the skill system.

For example, you could plan out your whole career path, marking skill and “desired”, so when you get to that point, you know which one you should pick, without having to go to a third-party resource. Maybe even include the option to just auto-select the skill when you level, if you have it marked as such.

It should also include a way to see your stats (primary, secondary, derived, etc.) so you can know what you’re getting into. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be a risk/reward or multiple options for builds, or an ez-mode. But if the goal of the game is to master the skills, then that’s the one area that should be transparent and easy to understand.

That’s one of the contentious aspects of Diablo 3, that I think is good. You can experiment with and test different skills as you go, without having to start a new character. These days, I don’t have time for that. But if people enjoy rerolling characters, and seasons aren’t enough, there’s not reason they can’t delete their mains when they want to try a new build.

The worst part of PoE for me is the garbage trade accessibility in a game where accessible trade would thrive if the devs weren’t so stubborn. I would have played a lot more PoE if I could trade for items for different builds and for maps and what not without using third party tools and an outdated in-game trade system.

In terms of “maturity,” PoE has more adult themes and content than D3 even though they’re both rated mature. I’m not sure why D3 even needs a mature rating, it seems like it could be rated Teen. I guess mass slaughtering of demons counts as intense violence though.

How should your prefered trade system look like?

And what kind of tools? You only need to open a website to find a item you need. (It takes 1 second to Alt+Tab to the website, with a potato PC maybe 2)

You can also filter everything to your preference, click the “whisper” button, STRG + V ingame, visit the HO of the seller, change the currency vs the item you need and its done.

Thinking back to Diablo 2 f.e. you’ve spent a lot of time in the channel screen to look for the channel for the items you need.
And often you was unlucky bcs first come first serve politics. (Happens in POE too but not that frequently)

And why outdated? trade system is totaly fine (open trade window → put in items → trade)…what do you need more? A personal firework after every trade? ^^

If this is the only reason than play SSF, there you dont have to trade. :wink: