Pls rework Gears of Dreadlands

Yep, I said the same thing earlier in the thread. Or the items that support would all have to see buffs from 150-200% to 500-600% for Leonine and Emminies and Hunter’s Wrath. And NCS would have to 800-1200% percent. And then the six piece wouldn’t have to be as big but it would still need 50,000 or more.

But you do realize that in that case set would be way strong for solo that Impale right now?

Yeah, I realize that. But again, Shadow needs to be stronger too. Which is something I never argued against.

Why do you keep thinking I did?

And out of curiosity why do you keep bringing it up when I thought we moved past it? I’ve apologized once. Do you need me to do it again?

Well you also said that you are not math wiz… and I remember when you asked for explanation with how much of a buff some items needed for UE to reach certain GR.

So I just wanted to be sure you understand where I am coming from.

You’ve made your point abundantly clear. I don’t know if you intend it but basically you’re saying “You’re an idiot! No one should listen to anything you say. Now leave the forums before you lower the IQ of the entire board.”

At least, that’s the way I’m beginning to take it.

If that’s what you mean, then I won’t argue about that either. I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed but I think my opinion still has value, however little that might be. lol

You go too far with this post… delete please.

I’m not sure I want to.

You and I have been going at it for several posts now. I’m not arguing with you. I’ve even agreed with you. Every time it’s been shot down.

I’ve made apologies. I’ve yet to receive one in return. It’s almost like you find no fault with anything you’ve said to me or how it may be perceived by others.

I’m thinking my previous post is pretty accurate, but if you really want me to delete it, I guess I can.

As you wish. But I only asked you why would you be happy with low buff to the set because I truly could not understand where you are coming from.

After everything we wrote I am now even more certain you made a mistake with that post.

If you are happy with solo clear of ~120 for yourself I think you should not be. I think you should ask for more.

Again, if it was a mistake, it was a well intentioned one. I’ve explained my reasoning to the best of my ability.

Nowhere did I say the things you keep saying I said.

I’ll do it again. That original post was more about the functionality of the set than any real end result I’m hoping the numbers will be.

The functionality is good. The numbers need to be adjusted was my only point.

Functionality is really similar to Unhallowed Essence Generator build. But UE is way stronger right now. If you like that play style you can play it with UE. I am not sure if I like it or not yet.

If Strafe was not used for movement only and if it was the main source of damage it would be completely different play style with real potential to be META for low lvl GR EXP/Items farming. I imagined that Strafe would auto target everything and melt full screen of monsters in low lvl GRs.

Even with it’s 10,000 bonus it’s as strong with my skill level with UE as a UE generator build, which is what I practiced with before going all in on the new set.

Give some reasonable numbers and it will be much stronger than a UE generator build in my estimation. By reasonable, I mean, if it had the same bonus as UE it would be stronger than UE generator and UE Multi-shot. If they go higher, to make it capable of 140’s, then it will be the strongest set in the game, in my estimation because it’s ranged and not melee like WhirlRend. Which I wouldn’t argue with either.

It has nothing to do with your sill level it about numbers on sets. UE gives you more.

I don’t think that’s true. I’m pretty good with UE. I’m not the best, but pretty good (though I think I might underestimate my skill level with UE more often than not).

My highest clear with UE/Crimson’s/Gizzard multi-shot is 117 right now with around 2600 paragon. After the season, when gear switches and paragon rolls over, I’ll have 3000 paragon and 118 will be in the bag and 119 will be possible.

So it just isn’t a wild guess that Gears will be better than UE with a proper 6 piece bonus.

I also want to say that it is very likely that that 10,000% is just a place holder. I’m pretty certain of that.

Man it is simple.
UE 4set bonus is giving you 60% damage buff, 1.6 multiplier.
UE 6set bonus is giving you 30200% damage buff, 302 multiplier.
Total 483.2 multiplier.

GoD 2set bonus is giving you 100% damage buff, 2 multiplier.
God 6 set bonus is giving you 10000% damage buff 100 multiplier.
Total 200 multiplier.

Yeah, I know that. But what I’m saying is with the numbers Gears has currently, I’m just about able to do 115, probably could with some fishing.

117 is only 34% more difficult than 115. I think? So even with Gears where it is, only slightly worse than UE.

I must add something. I completely understand why we got stats like Attack and Defense in D4…

on SVR’s (well known theory crafter) stream I said today…Imagine someone new coming to the game and you have to explain to him that projectiles fired by Strafe don’t proc area damage, their damage does not scale with attack speed and so on…

I think he would uninstall the game.

I just assumed all that to be true. lol

Like I said, I suck at math. And breaking down what does what isn’t something, I’ll ever be good at. But…

I can compare two sets reasonably well, or at least I can when one of those sets happen to UE.

So, giving Gears the same six piece bonus UE gets would be a 3X boost as opposed to the set as is. Not including all the supporting gear. Am I right about that?

We are completely different theory craft is the most interesting thing for me in this game. That is why we value different statements differently xD.

Agreed. lol

I’m just saying the new set is stronger than UE as long as it gets the same six piece multiplier UE gets. If it goes higher than that, which we both hope it will, then depending on how high it could become the best set we have.

Give the set equivocal damage to Shadow and it will outperform Shadow as well. So it all depends on how much of a 6 piece boost they want to give the set.

But it’s likely as long as Blizzard doesn’t do something absurd like keep the damage at 10,000 percent and doesn’t go below say 75,000-100,000, then it will be the best set we have outperforming the others by leaps and bounds.

Give it greater six piece (who knows where that number could be) and it will be the best set in the game. But that is just a “who knows” thing and if Blizzard wants the numbers to be so huge that they might as well be infinite.

EU community with u guys, 100%! current set is laughable, if it won’t change then everybody will still use lod, shadow and ue and this set will be blackthorn#2