Pls rework Gears of Dreadlands

Hey Idolis;

Yes, the set is fun, and yes it is interesting.

The issue is that we (Demon Hunters) have been waiting for a long time to have a set that competes with the other classes and to have a spot in competitive group runs.

We wait, and wait, and wait. Even the PTR was pushed back, and we waited. And what we got is underwhelming.

4 Likes

What I’m saying is it’s just a tuning thing. I’m positive the 10,000 six piece bonus isn’t going to be what we get when PTR ends.

The six piece is all that’s really wrong with the set. The could fix the issue with stacks of momentum not lasting long enough, so yeah, I think I agree with Hebalon that upping it to 8 seconds would be good.

Then it’s just giving the 6 piece the right amount of love and the set will be doing what it’s supposed to do. But yeah, let’s just throw a 100,000% bonus on the six piece. That should pretty much fix it. Or maybe 200,000% will be better. Can’t be doing less than 140’s with 3000 paragon for the set to be good. AmIRight?

Edit:

I apologize Varadia. Got a little hot with you and I don’t mean to. I’m just frustrated with the hate the set has received. I’m just as miffed that we waited so long and got a substandard set as everyone else is. I’m just seeing it as a tuning thing though. Not the set not playing “like it’s supposed to play” as most everyone seems to moaning about.

Again, I apologize for my frustration. You didn’t deserve the heat you received.

1 Like

The problem is you don’t uderstand that I don’t care about DH solo performance. I want spot in group. If you did understand you would not mention GR 135.

Event it was GR 135 in solo it would not get spot in 4 man party. That is what I am telling you.

Edit: Did you see Crusader clear solo with 4K paragons on PTR? He did 135. That is after 2nd nerf to Crusader.And you aim for new set to be “strong” as Impale that can’t come close to 135 at 4K paragons. I still dont understand you. Even if I look at it from your point of view where you value solo more than group. I don’t get it.

You are the problem if you can’t see that.

We don’t know how the set will do in group because we don’t know what the final 6-piece bonus will be, is what I’m saying.

It could be RGK with the right 6 piece, attack speed and Stricken. It could be trash killer with the right 6 piece bonus and Spray of Teeth. It could be…

Point is, we don’t know because we don’t know what the final iteration of the set will be.

It’s a tuning thing. Simple as that.

I don’t know how else to say it. I’m not mad. I’m not upset. It’s just that there’s nothing wrong with the set and it’s just tuning that will be the determining factor as to where we stand in 4 man or solo leaderboards. Complaining now isn’t necessary.

Save the complaining for when we know for certain that the set will “suck”. I think right now, we’re just supposed to be testing if the set works like it’s supposed to. And the answer to that is a resounding “Yes” from me.

No it could not. It would mean it is insanely OP in solo like I already said.

What is your clear with Impale on live servers? Add 4GRs to that. And you will realise that you did not ask for much for new set.

Okay, so what’s your big number. Tell me, what should the 6 piece be so it can meet all your expectations.

Please, enlighten me as to what the set should be doing at the end of the PTR.

I ask you again. What is your record with Impale?

I don’t play Impale. The last time I played Impale was long before Aughild’s. But to answer your question, my top clear with it was 115 with about 1500 paragon in non-season. So that’s like 3 or 4 seasons ago. I have no idea what I’d be doing now with double the paragon.

So you are the problem. Don’t post about thing you don’t understand. Case closed.

You aim for something you don’t even know what it is.

Okay, now wait a minute. There’s things I do know. I know that folks with 3000 paragon are clearing 124-125 in Grifts in non season right now. I know that for a fact. That’s without the 2 times buff it gets in the PTR. So that puts it 130 with 3000 paragon.

But if we’re going to talk about Impale since that’s what you want to talk about in a thread about the gears set.

What should Impale’s performance should be?

We need at least one set capable of 147 solo @10K Paragons.

I dont see nerf to WW Rend in patch notes. So Blizzard is thinking it is ok. We also saw blue post on forums saying it is pretty “good balance”.
If that is ok for Barb it should be ok for DH also.

I don’t see reason to ask for less.

It should be better than Crusader on single target RGK. Read forums, almost everyone says buff to Impale is not enough. Many people from your clan also. So it is not only me…

I did not see anyone else on forums besides you who aim from performance of Impale.

I’m not aiming for frickin’ anything.

I simply made a comparison between UE and Gears (a more closely related set and one I’m real familiar with.

Then I clarified and said that if I was aiming, I’d be aiming for the parameter of 130 at 5000 paragon that Blizzard set.

And so I put the numbers there. And then I clarified even further that the set could be tuned to do exactly what you want it to do which is clear 140+.

But what I’m asking since you took issue with my numbers. Is what’s yours?

This sounded like you aim for performance of Shadow Impale

I did not take issue with your numbers but the fact it seemed like you aim for performance of under-performing set.

Yeah, we’re an underperforming class over all. I’m not happy with that. I don’t know why you read what I wrote and took it as me being satisfied. But I guess it is understandable.

I wish all our sets did better. But I don’t buy into the argument that we should be doing what the best performing set and class in the game is doing. But I wouldn’t argue against it and I don’t think I have in this thread.

So yes, right now, it appears that we’ll still be left out of the meta, but again that could be tuned away if Blizzard chooses to. My one and only point is the set (as in how the set generally works) is good if not great.

So it all boils down to the set needs a bigger 6 piece bonus. Which is all I was saying and I’m pretty sure it will get one. How big is entirely up to Blizzard.

1 Like

Just one thing I want to add. A while back, I created a thread in General Discussion asking for buffs for our class. Now, if you’re arguing that I’m thinking too small, then I can agree that I probably am. But in that thread and here in this one, I was only going by the parameters that Blizzard told us at the time was their end goal for all sets.

I guess, I still have that in my mind and it’s on me, that it’s still there.

Sorry about that.

2 Likes

Because I translate “I would be thrilled to the moon” as “I would be really happy”.

Yeah, what I was saying is I would be “thrilled to the moon” if Gears does the same as Shadow. I was not saying that Shadow was set high enough or that gears would be good if it just does what Shadow does now.

But…

If Blizzard decides that we’ll forever be the worst class in the game, it won’t make me stop playing a DH or that I think a set is “crap” because it isn’t doing 140’s in 10 minutes flat.

Anyway, I done my apology. I’m done arguing.

So let me just say…

GEARS IS TOTALLY A CRAP SET AND HOW DARE BLIZZARD SLAP US IN THE FACE LIKE THAT!!!

Is that better?

If Blizzard decides that we’ll forever be the worst class in the game, it will stop me from playing DH in groups because no one will want DH in groups. Groups are mainly doing 150s in non season not 140.

Buffing new set to the level of Shadow Impale in solo will do no good for DH in groups. If Strafe was actually doing some damage it could be used in speed GRs.

See I don’t play groups and don’t care what groups do. But if I did, I wouldn’t want to be left out of the meta for as long as we have.

But it goes back to “What does the set need to be doing what you want it to do?”

Is it a bigger six piece? If so, how big?

Is it the functionality of the set? Well I don’t think that’s going to change, but how would you like it function other than “Just give us WhirlRend!!!ROAR!!!”

See I’m still thinking its a tuning issue. But if you think it’s more than that, then please tell me what it is.

Six piece would have to be something like 200 000% or even more.