Pls give back the tetris

So true, I sign with every word here.

So is manual clicking on gold, right?

Nah that sucks really xD

Tetris inventory is the worst.

In a game like PoE that still has this, I can think of a million things I’d rather be doing than organizing my stash or making space for an item I might not even need.

3 Likes

Isn’t most of what you said a matter of immersion? This particular block is pretty confusing to me.

Or we could just move on from the archaic design of item shapes and semi-realism.

Having inventory be a ‘mechanic’ doesn’t have to be done in a way that’s unfriendly to the user. Start with a small bag and through character and mount upgrades, just increase the space. I don’t see why any item should be required to take up more than two inventory spaces.

It seems many people in here never enjoyed puzzle-solving or had these in childhood as good memories :frowning: thats sad.

i was never a fan of puzzles, well except for the rubbiks cute, its not an actual puzzle^^

Just look & feel doesn’t take any skill (or if it does it’s like a 2 minute figure-out challenge and becomes a “subconscious” memory later on)

All you’re doing is basically overreacting to nostalgic flashbacks/imagination

I played a lot of Diablo 2 when I was younger and it was relatively fresh. I still play it a decent amount, on and off. Inventory management was never one of the things I enjoyed about the game.

i think, a very important aspect here is, i actually cant remember any items in D3
i look at them in the inventory when i pick them up
when im back in town i have to look at them again
its just all the same
they are not remarkable
when you drop some strong 2h sword in D2, its probably the only 1 you are picking up, due to its size and you will know, what it is
in D3, the only thing you can recognize, is the color
and thats basically the whole thing about the game
better color, green arrow, epic

Nah, solving puzzles and riddles is fun.
Nothing nostalgic about it i bet even you like riddles.

Why it is better? Because it is “more realistic”? How about wearing only 1-2 heavy items max in your backpack then? Why not - this is more realistic as well.

The better visualization of items isn’t just about immersion, is a simple practical thing. If the items are more visible and distinguishable, then it is easier to see them and identify them, and it is hardder to miss them among the pile of items.

Sure, this could be also done by having big slots, but then it is a waste of space to have small items being big when that space could be used to store more items.

If have all in one space but big, you solve the problem of visualization of the items but then will need to scroll down to see all the items, which bring another problem of visualization: bcs, if posible, one should be able to see all the items at once.

You should have tried D1 lol the inventory was far worse there than D2.
However some QoL like auto-sort if you dont feel like doing the puzzle is an option as well.
That way it stays classic and you arent forced to do it on your own if you dislike it.

1 Like

This can be achieved without adding tedium for the player. It doesn’t have to have anything to do with ‘size’, and this was never really an issue in Diablo 3’s UI.

Well, i didn’t complain about D3 like others did, i think D3 is ok, but i also think that is the minimum size of things. And what i would like the most would be something in the middle of D3 and D2, but if it is like D3 size, i am ok.

What i would change of D3 is the realism of the designs.

I believe its a mix of immersion and at the same time being “unique” because its the only item in the game that will get you SOME of those affixes in a combination of affixes.
No other item will be able to give them to you.

what do you mean?
did you quote the correct post?

In every comment/suggestion I’ve made in this thread, I did decouple myself from the last installment of Diablo.

What I’ve seen so far is a much reduced drop rate that hopefully will have all of us looking at items going into our inventories.

What ever D4 turns into I don’t think it will be a 7 minutes out and bags are full kind of game. Which will effect how inventory management plays out.

There has been mention of crafting but no details, not even sure if there will be any traditional crafting mats yet. Which could effect what goes into the inventory.

1 Like

Thats the post i answered to.
You are able to remember items by size and art design (once identified) in your inventory but at the same moment for their “unique” affixes.

Take for example bonesnap.
You will forever remember its shape after identified and size for example because of its unique shape

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Bonesnap

You will always remember Wolfhowl for example because its one of the few (and class) items that grants you shapeshift for your barbarian.

Its a mix in the end of everything that makes the item remarkable.