Please unlock all Greater Rift tiers in seasonal by default

Unlocking GR tiers one by one after GR125 is becoming a chore. It’s better if all GR tiers all unlocked by default especially in seasonal mode and player can pick the difficulty they want to play.

I know game is in maintenance mode. But this is a small QoL change and doesn’t take much work to implement.

1 Like

If you are running them sub 5 minutes, you can unlock them 3 at a time.

9 Likes

Well, running them under 5mins solo after GR125 is not easy for most builds. This is a big bottleneck for solo players.

1 Like

What is the issue? Exponential health growth wouldn’t let you progress much further even if you unlock it. You can clear a Greater Rift with a few seconds left 'till 15 minute mark, next tier will force you to dish out 17% (roughly 1/6 to 2/9) more dps each attempt. Each highest push will not grant you enough dps margin from clearing it once after a point.

Optimize your build with Area Damage, gem ranks, augments and run more speed GR runs to accumulate paragon level before pushing. Speed content will grant you more paragon level, gem ranks and Petrified Screams for Augmenting. After all that, you would be able to clear them faster and unlock more than one tier at once. If you try to climb fast, you will get burn out. This much should be obvious by now. I am not telling you how to play, but how you can be more efficient. Also I don’t see system changing any time soon to be honest.

It could be that the rationale behind not unlocking all GR levels is that they don’t want players to “cheese out” on getting high clears just by fishing. They want you to work hard for it maybe.

1 Like

If the class/build cannot clear a GR level quickly enough to unlock more than one additional GR level then it’s already approaching a GR level which it won’t be able to clear at all. This is why the unlocking system exists, i.e. so that you can’t select levels which you have absolutely zero ability to beat.

6 Likes

This is not how high level pushing works. D3 GR rift clear depends on mob type, pylons, map layout etc which are beyond the build power.

Same build can clear GR150 with right mob/map/pylon but struggle to clear GR145 if things don’t align.

What i am asking is unlocking doesn’t change anything from power perspective it is a QoL improvement where i don’t need to fish some 50 to 100 GRs just to go one level up when my build can clear 8-10 levels ahead when stars align.

1 Like

It encourages you to fish without having any clue about your progress or power. Why is it so important to unlock high tiers that you obviously can not finish consistently? Other than fishing? Nothing else. Developers don’t plan on unlocking all tiers, just so anyone can brag about fishing from a bot account.

When you clear a Nephalem Rift in T16 you unlock Greater Rift 75 which is half way there. Finish Gr70-75 solo and you unlock Primals. Altar grants you even more power for unlocking until Gr110. Finally, a good powerful Season theme and a proper build with full augments clear GR130-135 easy and from there on, it supposed to be hard to climb anyway. That’s it. If you are struggling around GR120 either your build is unoptimized (augments, affixes) or you didn’t have a plan to grind paragons.

How many days passed since Season start? You can’t conquer a city in a day. Climbing higher is not a status quo, it is just bloodshards and you won’t get there without a plan. Unlocking higher tiers is a reward for your planning and I don’t think unlocking them would be a quality of life.

2 Likes

The purpose for D3 is climbing the GR tier. When all tiers unlocked by default, main purpose is perished.

The purpose for farming gears isnt for collection but to push GR ranks.

3 Likes

Yup, giving people Everything all at once means people will quit playing early each season.
Their goal is to give the players goals.

4 Likes