Please put PERSONAL LOOT

… Have you played any ARPGs in the last decade?

Just curious.

1 Like

Well no not exactly. It’s the same loot table and the same loot that would be dropped in the standard system. It’s just being assigned randomly between the players for a few seconds, and then becomes viable for anybody that wants to pick it up. Items roll stats every time they drop and it doesn’t lag the system. This would just be one additional affix roll. And only 1-8. It would not lag the game.

1 Like

Just learn to click faster or play solo. Or hey! I have a even better idea for you. How about you leave our beloved master piece alone and go play Diablo 3/4 made by mindless activision chickens.

Nobody needs your game design suggestions!

Under the way I’d want personal loot to work, the same amount of items would drop as right now. So your scenario here doesn’t make any sense.

2 Likes

I click faster than you; however, you live closer to the data center and have less ping. Who gets the loot?

1 Like

But what is the problem when you still have the game the way it is available to you as much as you like? This is only an option that you don’t have to use and it has no effect on you or your game or the economy in any way shape of form.

Diablo 2 was never meant to be played with a script. However the reality of the situation is that if you want godly loot in a public game you must use a script. This remedies that problem. The Diablo community should not have to settle for the current state of scripting.

But again, if you want the current way, it will be available to you. Nothing changes for you so there’s absolutely no reason for you to be against it. That is, unless your concern is less games where you can use a script to get all the boss loot. Yes, then the addition of this option might have an effect on your gameplay.

As i previously said but for cheating.
Problems should be adressed at their core. Your argument stands however the suggestion is a work around and not a solution to the original problem.

So how would it work a window would pop up and ask if you wanted the 10 different items that just dropped from a single pack on mobs? or just auto loot and fill your stash? Im honestly curious? potions gems charms white socketed items eth items with sockets how many sockets. What loot would you like to pick up? would for sure need a loot filter I guess.

Don’t you think if they had one, they’d have done it by now? You certainly don’t have one. Do you?

wouldn’t making an optional loot system that solves ping issues, people with differing abilities such as those with slower or limited motor control or hearing problems, and prevents things like pickit from being an advantage be solving a problem at it’s core

1 Like

Believe it or not, Path of Exile having loot filters is one of the best things they ever did, so… sure, I’d be all for loot filters.

But no… drops would work the exact same way they do now. Including the rates. Only difference is you’d only see what dropped for you, rather than seeing every drop.

It doesn’t resolve the ping issue it removes the disadvantage people have with bad ping. People still gonna complain about bad ping.
To resolve the issue, infrastructure needs to improve and some players maybe need to invest in their connection. That’s on Blizzards side, Internet providers and players.

Path of exile sounds like a great game you should play that. Not sure why you wanna play diablo 2 if path of exile has all these things already.

It kinda is the right place though.
They even asked for our feedback. So of course we provided it.

it is not financially feasible, especially for a 40$ game with no sub fee for them to put multiple servers in each country to solve ping issues, nor is it in ISPs best interests to provide fiber to the 3 people who live in the mountains that want to play d2r, disadvantages in ping will always exist all games can do is implement systems to lower their effects.

1 Like

Yep you are not wrong. We will see how it goes something tells me you will be waiting a long while for your ploot though who knows.

1 Like

Now… I agree with that but not with what most commonly said and brought up as an argument.

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you were God and decreed that we could only ever play 1 game in our lives.

Im sorry I didn’t realize you were God and decreed that we should change a game that so many love in order to make you happy because if you dont enjoy something it should be changed to make you happy. You are right play what you want if you dont like Diablo 2 dont play it.

1 Like

No one is suggesting to change the game. You can play in the current manner to your heart’s desire. This is an option that you do not have to use. And in not using it, it will have absolutely no effect on you or the economy.

1 Like