Please no permanent ladder runewords on non-ladder!

Hey all

Am i the only one who really doesn’t wanna see this happen?

I think it’s a shame that items from ladder loses their value from hitting non-ladder… i know that many people didn’t really play non-ladder if they were main ladder players…
But previously you would lose alot of items due to the 3 months account inactivity, but that isn’t the case any more, so I would love to go to non-ladder with all of my treasures, and non-ladder would still have plenty of ladder items after just one ladder…

It makes you lose the enticement to actually upgrade bases on ladder, or make the last few runewords or reroll for a perf runeword, before hitting non-ladder… cause then you can just do it on non-ladder… gives less meaning and value to playing ladder imo…

Is it just me that feels that way??

The problem is that when you give players infinite time to farm all gear in the game and make their items, you lose the urge or need to farm quickly, since you now have an infinite amount of time to do it…
If you have 6 months only, you have to farm your gear before the ladder ends, so if you want to complete your character before that, or get the good ladder items to non-ladder, you will have to farm it before ladder ends.

This one change makes me not even want to play ladder, which in extension makes me want to play even less (since i now have infinite farming time now for all gear)

Please make this temporary for beta testing purposes, or only until 1st ladder hits or something!!!

Edit: Let me clarify that i think that having it in single-player is a great idea!!! It opens up for much more fun gameplay… I just don’t think it should be on multiplayer non-ladder!

Regards

2 Likes

Disapprove for a simple reason: the ladder runeworded items become non-ladder with the end of a season. The ladder-only runewords are stable since patch 1.10 (not sure when this exactly was, but a number of seasons ago) and items with those runewords are more in non-ladder than in ladder-only today. So what’s the use of limiting the creation to ladder only?

2 Likes

Because ladder was always more about the items than the rat race to 99. At the very least they should disable ladder runewords on NL after season 1

1 Like