Please more stash tabs! <3

Greetings Blizzard & Diablo players I would like to suggest to get more stash tabs for our “toons” because I would love to have more stash tabs to store our gear, I end up playing Tetris every time I want store anything and this is just annoying. I mean yes, sure, you could make the case that I store too many items however I want/like to try out many different types of builds and having the items instead of having to grind after them again is a time saver especially if I would get an item in Primal or Ancient that is good for a build.
I’m not the first to suggest this, I know, but I would like more than 13 stash tabs and sure it might be difficult to implement them but not impossible and yes I know that we could always create a new character that can hold some items but that would be a pain to jump and back and forth all the time just because you want to try a build out not only that but I can’t use the armory unless I want to put those specific items in the stash.
So please hear our plea and make us more tabs!

Thanks for reading!

10 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/search?q=stash%20tabs

2 Likes

Greetings. How about keep the good rolls and scrap the rest?
Properly rolled items are so rare, I can’t wrap my head around how people are managing to run out of stash space…

1 Like

I’m doing that already but you have to consider all the builds I want to try out.
Take my Monk for example: Sunwuko, Inna’s, Uliana, Raiment, PoJ, LoD and ZMonk sets and 2 weapons for each set and let’s not forget: rings, amulets and bracers on top of that, that alone is already filling up 2 maybe 2½ stash tabs on it’s own and that is just one character and if more builds comes to life then… have mercy on us.

4 Likes

if you are saving gear because you maybe will want to use those items in a build at any given time, you would never have enough stash space.

The problem is that they can’t add more stash space. This has been discussed many times already, the game barely handles the current maximum of 13 tabs.

1 Like

Give me about 3 stash tabs per character and I would be happy because that is enough to work with.

2 Likes

It will never haooen for a 9 year old game my man. They would have to deal with a massive server increase and they won’t. You gotta learn to triage.

Why would Blizzard have to upgrade their servers when the actual issue is on the client side?

3 tabs x 17 character slots =51 (or 3 x 14 = 42 if you don’t have deluxe edition). The game barely handles 13 and you want to quadruple that? Not gonna happen.

Or if you mean 3 tabs per class that still equals 3 x 7 = 21. Nope, won’t happen.

They might could add 2 more tabs so we have 3 pages with 5 tabs apiece for 15 total but I don’t even see that happening.

1 Like

and once you have every posible item for every class and every build whats the point of playing beside farming paragons and mix/max the stats of your current gear? you dont have to hoard every item of every set, dude is a loot hunting game, want to try out a buid, kill monsters get the items try the build, and stop hoarding, I play multiple classes and build and still have plenty space. learn to manage your stuff

Because I try the builds non-season? I mean it’s not hard concept to grasp.
You try it out it in non-season and then in season you farm the loot you want so that you can climb.

2 Likes

Specifically, they can’t handle more than 13 loaded at the same time during a running game.

I actually don’t want to see all 13. I think it is a user interface bug that all (the same) 13 are there regardless of which character I’m running. I want to only see maybe 5-8 (per character). I want 13 (or more) to be present in my account, but not visible when I’m running a game.

I want a different set for each player (not totally different, some shared, some unique, etc). For example, 2 shared across account, 2 shared per main stat, 2-3 shared per class, 1 unique to a toon - for a total of 8 that must be loaded when running a game.

It would require more storage in the disk farm, though, since each account could have 15x2+7x2+3x2+2 pages, or 52 pages. I’d find it hard to believe that any item would take more than about 16 data bytes to fully describe, though, so that is a pittance in terms of storage.

In the end, if they were honest about why they weren’t going to offer the extra tabs (in-game memory load) then they could actually make things even better by offering various levels of sharing instead of the huge bucket of globally shared stash that they have today.

Increased stash tabs was tried before in a PTR and ended up taxing the servers so much, the game was near unplayable. I remember being DC’d many times just entering an area when that PTR was going on.

1 Like

What about if every town has a different chest? Is that possible? Or a special map for your items, even I can pay for that, blizzard is losing a big opportunity

I never experienced any problems during that PTR. Moreover, Blizzard had a dedicated thread devoted to lags cause by filling all the new stash tabs and they did not have a single report of any issues. Later, Blizzard’s explanation from their internal test was that completely full stash tabs where every item was a jewelry piece equipped with a legendary gem caused problems in 4 player games as everyone’s stash tabs are loaded into all player’s game clients.

I would suggest either more stash tabs or extra character slots.

I do this with a small caveat: If I’m using an item, say GoD chest with semi-decent rolls, and another one with semi-decent rolls drops, ill keep the 2nd as well for rerolls.

Makes sense. I personally should learn to keep more items. Unfortunately, most of the good stuff I have is already equipped.

Sorry I didn’t see your message but if you could provide me a link or a source of Blizzard confirming this then I would be more than happy to believe what you said, as it stands now however there shouldn’t be a problem for Blizzard to implement more stash tabs into the game.

I would like to have 2 stash tabs for each character.

I have 2 accounts and been from day 1. Yes blizzard said what he is talking about plus that was on the older forum too. So there might not be a link.

The real problem is that the ones crying are the ones that play every season. They play every character over and over and over again. Then cry I don’t have enough space to keep my stuff.

Learn how to manage your the gear. If seasons gear doesn’t help when the season ends. Delete it and move on.