Please give D3 Torment 17~20

Torment 16 - GR75

New Torment Difficulty:

Torment 17 - GR90

Torment 18 - GR110

Torment 19 - GR130

Torment 20 - GR150

Reward: T17 ~ T20 gives the same reward bonus as T16. It only makes the enemy stronger. That is it.

Why would I want that? Simple. Because I want to fight Bosses, Act Bosses, and Ubers at their peak strength without one-shotting them. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I understand your analogy OP. If you want to fight 150 GR bosses, why donā€™t you just run 150 GRā€™s? I donā€™t understand how running torment would affect your experience?

6 Likes

OP wants Nephalem Rifts / Bounties to not be completely face-roll like they are now at T16 but isnā€™t asking for increased rewards for doing so. OP wants some level of challenge that isnā€™t GRs.

5 Likes

I want to fight GR110 Diablo, Belial, Azmodan, and Malthael and these bosses are not GR exclusive.

2 Likes

No. This would kill diversity.

T6 used to be max but wasnā€™t efficient to farm. We got buffs.
T6 was now too easy, we got up to T10.
T10 now wasnā€™t efficient to farm. We got buffs.
T10 was now too easy, we got up to T13.
T13 now wasnā€™t efficient to farm. We got buffs.
T13 was now too easy, we got up to T16.
T16 now wasnā€™t efficient to farm. We got buffs.
T16 is now too easy.

This has to stop! Iā€™m not against added challenge but just adding more torments is NOT the solution!

The number of difficulty levels needs to be significantly reduced and then rescaled.

18 Likes

How?

It is not like T17~T20 that I suggested get additional bonus or reward. It will have the same reward as T16.

T17~20 is for those who want challenge without a reward.

Why would people run T17 (aka GR90) for split bounty or rift when they will get the same reward as running T16 (aka GR75)

3 Likes

T10 max, make it equal GR100 or even GR120. Make the drops equivalent to what T16 is currently dropping. Bring it Blizz! :slight_smile:

Why changing Torment away from a casual endgame?
-Like you posted, just stay with Grifts (and put Griftkeys in Bounties.)

1 Like

Will it ever end? Now that some are doing GR150 they will most likely want more buffs so they can do GR170, at the same time they will want the torment levels to be increased because everything is so easy for them. This madness will never end. Bring on D4 already and please leave the mundane GR treadmill in D3.

9 Likes

As long as the higher Torment lvls really do not offer any more rewards than Torment 16, then it would be a perfectly fine addition.
Iā€™d probably call them something else than Torment lvls, as to not confuse players.

Do the same with GRifts too. Like everything above GRift 100 or maybe 120 would not give any additional rewards. Increasing build diversity somewhat.

Indeed.

2 Likes

Imo, that would be the best option. Unfortunately if Blizzard does make any changes to the difficulty, they would likely just add more torment levels.

3 Likes

Yes, just give all Grift 75 rewards at their drop chance in T16 and cut the riftkeys out of the game;
-This way we keep an endgame for casuals at T16.

no thxā€¦this would only split the community more then it is currently doingā€¦

7 Likes

Seems fine for split bounty abusers, but itā€™s a real pain in the rear for solo only players like me, especially early in the seasons. Donā€™t misunderstand, Iā€™m really not against reducing the number of Torment levels to 10! But then, also increasing difficulty of the upper levels without a proper compensation in terms of extra mats compared to now? Ergā€¦ no, that feels like a slap in my face.

Regarding OPā€™s idea, I guess Iā€™m indifferent. Itā€™s highly likely that I wouldnā€™t play on those levels then, because without more/better loot or xp I see no point in doing so. Again, thatā€™s from my perspective as a casual solo only player.

2 Likes

I am starting to think most posters here only read the title but not the 1st post before posting.

4 Likes

The idea mainly is to slow down the progression of going from zero to hero starting out the seasons. Itā€™s too fast IMO.

To me, this speaks more to needing a challenge that is not based on timers.

5 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, call me an idiot, but I still donā€™t get it! Who would ever run Torment 20 at GR 150 difficulty? And why would you for the same rewards as the current T16? How many people are even capable to soloing a 150GR Torment level?

Now Iā€™m all for less Torment levels, maybe 1-10, and more difficult, say Torment 10 being a 100-110 Gr. But 150? No thank you!

8 Likes

You would only do it to see if you could. Which seems fine.

1 Like

Even GR110 bosses can be one shot. More rewards for harder content is a necessity. IMHO the whole difficulty/pairing system is a mess.

• Most of D3ā€™s game content stops scaling at T16 ~GR75 (you donā€™t see this as a problem?)
  • There is no way to filter groups beforehand for harder content. (I donā€™t want to do GR100 at 5k paragon, and new players with 500 paragon donā€™t want to die repeatedly in GR130+)
  • Greater Rift is the only content, with a controllable difficulty setting, that can be set AFTER opening a game. (apart from downgrading your Torment level)

There are likeminded people who just want smash T16 rifts, which is totally fine --but there are also players whoā€™ll enjoy running 8 minute GR140 rifts for 25 keys and a small chunk of exp. Or receiving a bounty chest containing 80 materials for clearing a GR130 equivalent bounty.

Why hold anyone back? Fear of loneliness? Too lazy to change the torment meter? People say ā€“ ā€œgo use a community to find your groupsā€ ā€“ which can be mirrored back to those people who want to do low content, I mean the systems needed to accommodate lower content exist already, but they just arenā€™t present for harder content.

I hear this ā€œit will divide the communityā€ comment thrown out a lot. I disagree. Much of the community is already avoiding public games. Most of the content produced by third party sites and streamers is focused on builds that solo clear content GR130+. There is a post on the DH forum, where the guy calls himself a virgin to DH, and he is asking for help clearing GR131+.

Look, we all need a place to go to find groups, but I think itā€™s excluding to argue that more challenging game modes should not be created for players who want them ā€“ even calling for no extra rewards.

You can see the byproduct of this attitude in public T16 rifts. Players farm keys as fast as they can to return back to the content they enjoy most, most often in a private game.

Furthermore, the addition of new content / game modes will further disperse the community ā€“ so does that mean do nothing and keep things the same? Did anyone think that making existing content more challenging could draw players back to the game, thus increasing the population? Which could inadvertently help promote the franchiseā€™s upcoming titles?

As echoed by others, the solid fix is to redo the Torment system so it reflects common difficulty settings that are needed in all stages of a season. Each bucket should be large and rewarding enough to attract players. This is how Iā€™d break it down:

Mode Difficulty Bounty Mats Rift Keys Uber Drops DBs
Normal Baseline 3 1 1 1
Hard GR1 4 1 1 1
Expert GR4 5 1 1 1
Master GR7 6 1 1 1
Torment 1 GR25 8 1-2 1-2 1-2
Torment 2 GR50 15 2-3 2-3 2-3
Torment 3 GR75 22 3-4 3-4 3-4
Torment 4 GR90 27 4-5 4-5 4-5
Torment 5 GR100 32 5-6 5-6 5-6
Torment 6 GR110 40 7-8 7-8 7-8
Torment 7 GR120 50 10 10 12
Torment 8 GR130 80 15 15 15
Torment 9 GR140 130 25 25 18
Torment 10 GR150 200 40 40 20

I think itā€™d be incredibly cool to open up GR150 ubers, or crawl through bounties, as a team, and get a decent reward / exp for it. I want to see if I can actually kill a goblin in time inside a GR150 ancient vault.

7 Likes