Please delete Paladin in Resurrected

because it makes the game more fun and more diversified? not everyone doing the exact same thing.

also… u should maybe go back and read through my posts… that’s kinda exactly what i already do.

i have played every build u can think of and more.
i dont generally play meta build except 1-2 per season just to gear up to the point where i can play non meta ones
and most of them cant even get to act 5 hell without spending like 10 hrs on gear and carrying max charms.

on a paladin u can go non-meta and clear hell with basically ANYTHING. he just does everything so much better, its just playing the game on freaking easy mode.

it doesn’t take any skill or testing or coming up with new item builds to anything to try to make paladin work… u can just pick any damn things and throw like lvl 30-40 mid lvl gear he is just viable clear the entire game… it takes ALL the fun out of doing literally anything with him

trying to get a rabies build to work… trying to get a fireclaws build to work
martial arts sin, , shockwave bear, firewall sorc, poison jav zon, bowzone with ice and brand rather than faith, duoble throw barb, etc etc… yada yada

some are easier than other those are the more common ones…

i might actually be interesting to try to find a way to make paladin NOT work…

because he is just SOOO BUSTED.

u just max holy shield and max block and hit some breakpoints and your freaking invincible and its BORING… it doesn’t take any skill or planning.

1 Like

I’m glad they seem committed to not changing the balance of the game from the original. I’ll take the imbalances, warts and all, over what modern gaming is offering.

2 Likes

honestly its amazing how balanced the game is… i mean based on what i hard from people talking to david brevik on stream they were like trying to do “X” and completely failed in their idea but it ended up being an awesome “Y” which was WAY better than idea X that they actually wanted.

basically diablo 2 is mostly a masterpiece because it wasn’t able to accomplish all of what the devs wanted. some of the devs ideas were terrible and would have likely killed d2 and it would have never gotten to be what it is today.

i do want balanced changes for sure… just to fix some skill imbalance… nerfs to palis and some fixing of the MA Tree on sin would be the biggest things

i would also consider swapping “spirit of barbs” for a “-physical res” spirit that gives -1% enemy +physical resist per lvl ( similar to how conviction works)

that or somehow make rabies and fireclaw actually viable

to make rabies do able would need to be at LEAST double and the duration cut by at least 2/3rd’s (effectively making the damage per second at LEAST 6x what is currently is)
( that just goes to show how bad the skill actually is)

and the MA tree is just as bad…
i sadly dont trust the balance team enough to make new RW’s, or uniques. and i absolutely forbid them from touching sets. after the d3 set sh*tstorm

but all that would need to be done season 2 or later… season 1 must remain untouched balance wise

1 Like

Brain BY Potato! Get it right! :rofl:

Hammerdins need to be toned done. Everything else on Pally is fine.

1 Like

smiter is also pretty OP

1 Like

I mean hammers are op, I would like to see them get nerfed to something reasonable later on. Holy Shield should require more investment to really make it shine also.

Blessed hammers are overpowered, I will agree. Maybe they can start tinkering with the maximum number of monsters a single blessed hammer can hit before disappearing.

Even if they hit 2-3 monsters max, a fully twinked FCR hammerdin would still be mowing monsters down like grass.

Get rid of the extra dmg to undead from Holy hammers maybe, as I do not think it is really needed? 50% more dmg to undead thats a good extra 7k dmg no?
As for smite make it interruptible?
Holy shield reduced block rate to lowest frame not sure if bug or what.

no its not a bug… it reduces the FBR frames to 2 with no FBR and 1 with (86)

most chars need 86 fbr to hit 5 4 or 3 frames

sin like palidin can hit 2 frame with 86 fbr
amazon also can but only when not hit with sword (dont ask me why amazon has different FBR breakpoint when hit with a sword… idk…)

with a lvl 1 holy shield paladin hits 2 frame with ZERO fbr and with 86 fbr he can hit 1 frame fbr
the only char in the game able to do so
and he also hits the best fbr in the game any other class can hit with absolutely ZERO effort just by pressing the holy shield button.
also it boosts his block rate and defense making attacks WAY less likely to land and easily reaching 75 block with WAY less dex than other classes allowing more points to be shoved into vit or strength for raw damage ( although realistically no one ever chooses strength)

palidin DEF can get so absurdly high with an exile shield with holy shield and defiance its pretty much impossible to EVER reliably hit him with and skill that requires attacking rating.

plai can also very easily max out all his resistances to 95 with next to zero effort ( and yes u can raise the cap from 75 to 95 with Guardian Angel with a gul, tgods and exile and a
basically making you immune to all forms of elemental damage as well… and then u can just throw on wisp or dwarf to just insult them even more.

oh and dont forget if they try to lower your resist below 95… you have salv…

the only thing your going to ever die to is pure magic or another smiter

2 Likes

If we consider the melee classes’ skills, HS is not a big issue. HS only becomes an issue when you think of the Pally as a caster which only happened when BH became a thing. This is not the fault of the Paladin as a Melee Pally needs HS to hold its own in melee. This is the fault of the BH build and synergies. They left too much room for a maxed out Hammerdin to invest in HS.

Barbarian has Natural Resistance and Iron skin as passive skills as well as the shouts, all can be layered without detracting from the damage ability. Assassin has fade and Cloak of shadows to add the extra resistance and + to def. The Zon has the dodge mechanics that don’t work well and the Druid has a massive life pool and a broken fury. Point is each class has different survival aspects that were given to them for melee use. The Pally basically got HS as his along with different aura’s that won’t be used once def and resistance are taken care of on gear. Removing HS would be about the same as removing Iron Skin, Spirit of the Oak or Cloak of Shadows. The problem is not HS it’s that it is so easy to dump points into it for a caster build. The Melee pally’s need HS.

1 Like

Paladin isn’t even a top tier pvp class. Leave it alone. Let it be good at pve.

1 Like

I dont know what scene you’re following but hammerin is definitely top tier pvp. But again…getting rid of desynch fixes the balance easily.

1 Like

While hammerdin is an easy to use build, and has a low cost and skill floor for entry, i’d Consider it A-tier, while some builds like bonemancer, eledruid, and your typical PvP assassin are considered S-tier.

Hammerdins are a good all around dueler, and you will see them smash the hell out of noobs in public games in d2r, but when it comes to top tier ranked pvp tournaments you’ll rarely see a hammerdin come out on top.

2 Likes

Regarding PvM the Paladin is the easiest, strongest, and cheapest for virtually all content.
Regarding PvP the Paladin is very strong all around but not the best and certainly unfavored in several matchups.

Don’t change it.

… shows how much you play the game…

1 Like