Please delete Paladin in Resurrected

Holy shield, Blessed Hammer and Smite is broken. The game balance is not right and reduced brain by potato.

4 Likes

I really liked the Brain & Potato part.

12 Likes

Itā€™s your second post Iā€™ve seen you make that looks like a troll to be honest, but I guess it might be the Google Translate at least partial fault

short answer, no, sorry

13 Likes

Potato, potahto. Tomato, tomahto.

If anything needs to be deleted, itā€™s this thread. :sunglasses:

14 Likes

and this is exactly how you fix a splinter by amputationā€¦
yes paladin needs to be nerfed, but your idea is worse than the problem.

also no changes first season

season two i would love some pretty heavy handed nerfs on holy shield

hitting it across the board doing all of these should help his ability to immune to everything.
make it so holy should lower the FBR frames by 1 instead of 3
hit the holy shield def boost,
drastically hit or completely remove the increase block rate.

only thing i wouldnā€™t hit would be duration, which i might increase

there are ways to nerf pali, this thread is not one of them

1 Like

Your as bad as the OP:man_facepalming:

5 Likes

at least the OP recognized there is a major issue with paliā€¦

if you cant even do that, then youā€™re beyond helpingā€¦

1 Like

I like potato in various ways of preparation.

Iā€™m not a fan of prionic brains doh. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what everyone says about a class they donā€™t play, The Barb and Monk players in Diablo III said that about the Demon Hunters first Nerf Nerf Nerf then when they got their way there, They moved on to the Wizard then the Witch Doctor and when the Monks and Barbs turn came they screamed and cried and left the game. The premise starting with only Meelee should do high damage they didnā€™t care that all of those classes were glass cannons and the players of those classes had no choice with whether the toon would be a glass cannon or not unlike Diablo II, In Diablo II you get to decide whether itā€™s a glass cannon or high damage low health low defense which was never the way I played my Amazon,Sorceressā€™s I played them SC or HC the same wayā€¦But of course you always played a glass cannon and never something like a Paladin or Barb :man_facepalming:Itā€™s because people like you that there are so many terrible thing going in the world, Basically everyone has to make allowances for what you want and what needs are and if anyone gets their needs met fine but you come first! Well no it doesnā€™t like that itā€™s majority not the minority and Iā€™m afraid your in the minority perhaps itā€™s not always fair but life isnā€™t always fair

4 Likes

There isnā€™t a major issue with pala.

Thanks for this wonderfully thought out rebuttal.

4 Likes

Never once felt like the Paladin has any major issues outside of being squishy. Sure, Smite might have a few quirks here and there, but itā€™s only considered an issue if itā€™s against another player and Diablo 2 ā€œpvpā€ isnā€™t a thing. Iā€™m pretty sure nobody cares if an ability is overpowered against monsters, since weā€™re not playing to find an equilibrium but to find phat lewt. So in the once-a-day encounter with a big ol meanie Paladin that chases you around to harm you, in the grand scheme of things it is but a minor nuisance.

This also isnā€™t to discredit duels outside of town. If thatā€™s your thing, well, pick your fights and how you engage them. Paladins are very frail.

Edit: also not sure why weā€™re picking on HS, BH and Smite, when Charge is the biggest offender hereā€¦ ā”(ā€™ļ½ž`ļ¼›)ā”Œ

2 Likes

Please delete all characters! Let us play as Diablo himself!!

11 Likes

he is beyond helping Iā€™m not going to waste my time. i have better things to doā€¦ if someone shows enough thought and ability to accept logical reason iā€™ll spent my time trying to help themā€¦ but some people are beyond helpā€¦

if u cant even see whats wrong with a paladinā€¦ i am not going to write them a 10 books series that covers half of it. its just not worth my time.

you need a certain level of game knowledge and critical; thinking before Iā€™m going to spend time.

if they donā€™t want to learn then Iā€™m not going to help them.

also the mere fact he is trying to give DIABLO 3 examplesā€¦ proves my point. i donā€™t have time for these peopleā€¦ they arenā€™t savableā€¦

3 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with the paladin.
Thereā€™s nothing wrong with the sorc.
Thereā€™s nothing wrong with the amazon.
Thereā€™s nothing wrong with the necro.
Thereā€™s nothing wrong with the barb.
Thereā€™s nothing wrong with the druid.
Thereā€™s nothing wrong with the assassin.

Your opinions are justā€¦likeā€¦your opinions, man. It isnā€™t about ā€œlearningā€, some people just disagree with you.

5 Likes

Any pally players that pvp and want to be slapped by a Barb, hit me up. Iā€™ll even duel desync hdins (if you can still desync).

1 Like

I hate fun, myself. They should also nerf sorc so her teleport can only be used during a 3 second window after itā€™s first pressed so they can only use it to escape sticky situations and not to find bosses faster than other classes.

Fun should not be allowed.

diablo 2 is a masterpieceā€¦ but if you think it is ā€œperfectā€ and doesnā€™t have major balance issuesā€¦ you are kidding yourself.

ā€œnothing wrong with paliā€
that statement is so laughable, pali is by far the most broken character in the game, if u need me to explain whyā€¦ like i saidā€¦ idk what to tell you.
paladin is master of everything, and hammers are not even close to a major part of whyā€¦ they are just one thingā€¦
there is reason i hit holy shield. and not hammers or zeal or smite.
i would need like 10 pages to cover everything broken with paladin and i donā€™t have time for that and u wouldnā€™t listen anyways so why bother

sorcā€¦ there isnt much wrong with
in fact most characters outside of of paladin of the original five are for the most part fine

druid and assassin both could use some improvements as they are on the much weaker end, sin is basically only ā€œtrapā€ MA tree needs some serious help.
and while wind druids are fantasticā€¦ and wolf druid has feral and fury. but rabies and fireclaws are trash and wolf is the only melee char with no way to break physical immunties or have the damage skills to break them with elemental. and bear is so horrendous its laughable.

barb has berserk,
paladin hasā€¦
holy shock, holy freeze, holy fire, sanctuary, and hammers, and probably even more because its plai and im probably just forgetting more ways he has to deal with absolutely everything.

wolf druid has no way to break physical immunties as a skill, and because wolf druid can only get IAS from a weapon, so most weapons way to break physical immunnties like reapers toll, lawbringer, cranium basher, laceratorā€¦ just cant be effectively used because the weapon would need ias. and are relegated to merc or alt weapons

rabies damage is a joke, as is fireclaws.

the best u can do is get a prebuff demon limb/ obedience, and a greif or treachery for venom prebuff to try to get fire and poison damage.

paladin basically has like multiple ways to deal with EVERY situation, and loses next to nothing for running any of them

paladin gets answers to absolutely everything handed to him on a silver platter while other classes need to pay through the nose to try to accomplish what paladin can do for basically free.

i mean i could go over a million more issues with paladin but its really comes down to that.
paladin has MULTIPLE cheap effective answers to literally everything

where other classes need to pay through the nose to try to get even close to what a paladin can do for 1/10th the effort.

you could call paladin a ā€œjack of all tradesā€, except he is also the BEST at everything. and he does so at a fraction of the price of other chars

1 Like

Forgive me being an old fuddy on this one, but why must everything be so ā€˜balanced?ā€™ The original d2 game wasnā€™t that balanced, different classes could kinda do different things. I loved my sorc for cows and my javezon too, I liked my druid for fighting diablo and my paladin for baal.

This constant pushing for nerfs and buffs to try to even everything out is something I do not remember from 20 years ago and seems to be an expectation that has grown out of the competitive gaming scene in the last 10-15 years. If you think Paladin is that great, maybe you should play one, or play another class in a new way to show what you are capable of doing.

4 Likes

Paladin isnā€™t the best at everything.

Sorc and barb are both better at LK runs, light sorc is better at CS runs, The list goes on. Yes paladin is versatile, but so are necros, Barbā€™s, sorc.

The game is fine, pally is fine, everythingā€™s fine, youā€™ll see sept.23 just how great it is. See you there.

4 Likes

If they rid the desync, pallys are balanced enough to me. I donā€™t really care about pvm and I donā€™t think op does either.