Please consider keeping Magic Missile's Sanctified Power

Can we have the sanctified power for magic missile added on to Mirror Ball? AFAIK this was the only outright new build enabled by the sanctified powers and it is completely dead without it.

It was very nice to have a Wizard build that was actually fast and fluid for T16 rifts/bounties.

7 Likes

It is impossible to buff Magic Missile in patch 2.7.5, but we can expect it to be buff in patch 2.7.6.

It is not! Just add it as a legendary power to an existing item that does not have one
Like this:

MALOTH’S FOCUS Legendary Staff 2-hand

added legendary power:
Magic Missile fires 10 missiles and gains the effect of the Seeker rune.

IF it;s too powerful for firebird change it to

Magic Missile fires 10 missiles when USING the Seeker rune.

TAADAAA

Maybe not with + 10 projecticels but with an huge multiplier.

You fire 3-5 more magic missiles and gain the Seeker rune. Magic Missile deals 800% more damage.

that would work even better. I just want it back cuz it was aweosme.

Also Auto Fist of the Heavens for Crusaders, please!

the two best builds of s27 and not even close to overpowered.

Period. S27 Sanctified Magic Missile was far from being OP. It made the skill usable. Nothing more, nothing less. This power should go straight to Mirrorball. We need a bunch of love for our offhands, most of them are utter garbage. Either by design or by mechanics or both.

Mirrorball granting the Seeker rune, +10 Missiles and 500-600% more damage… now that would make for a really good item. Then just slap “deals triple damage” onto Sham of Delsere and we’re pretty much good on that front. NO MORE WEAPONS for Magic Missile, for Pete’s sake (as unlikely as it is, they WILL add a weapon just to annoy us)…

If they add a weapon, then please Broken Staff:

Magic Missile gains the Seeker and Charged Blast rune effects, attacks 50 % faster and launches 8-10 extra missiles. The damage dealt is increased by 2% per point of Maxium Arcane Power you have.

4 Likes

i just looked at a staff with no legendary power. We dont have an item for the cube for Magic Missle builds

You do though, Aether Walker. The whole appeal of the build (to me, anyway) is fast fluid T16 rifts and bounties on Wizard. Adding the power back on a staff would just be cruel IMO.

3 Likes

Oh, if you are going by that, then Maloth’s Focus is out, since… you know:

Even if the affix is meh, it’s still an existing affix :smiley:

btw, Mark of the Magi would also be an option. Why not a craftable? Wiz craft items are all garbage, if you exclude Cosmic Strand which has at least a very niche raison d’etre. But as already mentioned - I wouldn’t really like another weapon for MM.

fair, just want another multiplier and the 10 missles back, i dont care the slot they put them on

Magic Missile now casts once for each enemy on the screen, gains the effects of every rune except Seeker, and deals 100% less damage.

This is a really fun build. It answers the question that no one asked, “What if Multishot instead fired a barrage of Hungering Arrows?”

I’ve never played DMO before and really enjoyed the set’s mechanics in conjuction with MM.

1 Like

I approve of this suggestion, the magic missile spam was freaking awesome.

1 Like

In general, I believe that almost half of all angelic effects should be permanent after this season. With reduced damage, yes, but with the preservation of effects.
For example, Helltooth with gargantuas is completely unplayable when there are only 3 of them and not 6. A constant horror aura that gives, say, not + 100%, but + 25% is generally the only option for someone to use this ability.
Wizzard with magic spheres is just as desperate for the additional ones that circle around him.
A crusader with a hammer of light is also very ridiculous, hammers should not fly around, they should just be thrown forward.
1000 storms stays ridiculously unplayable for so many seasons and even angelic effect didn’t buff it enough. Even if it stays, the set still needs an up.

1 Like

Well, for wizards at least, it would be a simple matter of where to put them.
My idea for the target items would be these:

Mirrorball
Magic Missile fires 2 extra missiles and deals [400 - 500]% increased damage.
Magic Missile gains the effect of the Seeker rune, fires 10 missiles and deals [400 - 500]% increased damage.

Storm Crow
[20 - 40]% chance to cast a fiery ball when attacking.
Storm Armor gains the effect of every rune and Scramble now also triggers when you attack with lightning damage. Additionally, Storm Armor charges over 30 seconds. Casting Storm Armor at full charge releases a powerful thunderbolt, instantly killing a random enemy within 30 yards. Bosses and Elites are not killed but take significant damage.

Moonlight Ward
Hitting an enemy within 15 yards has a chance to ward you with shards of Arcane energy that explode when enemies get close, dealing [240 - 320]% weapon damage as Arcane to enemies within 15 yards.
Arcane Orb now periodically spawns up to four orbiting charges that will generate an additional orb when cast. Arcane Orb gains the Arcane Orbit rune effect, the elemental damage type is aligned to your chosen rune and all charges from the Arcane Orbit rune now detonate at the same time.

And done… a dev would have little work with that and we get three useful items instead of one half-a$$ed source and two from the homungous insta-salvage junk pile.

3 Likes