Please Change Typhon set

Hello,

I always wanted to like and enjoy Typhoon set for the Sorcerer. But there is one problem; it only works on Multiple head hydras.

As we all know, the coolest and best Hydra is the Mammoth Hydra. But now it’s forgotten. You can make a LoD version, sure…but LoD doesn’t get 40,000% increase damage like Typhoon does.

So here is my suggestion. Just change it so that it works with Mammoth hydra. It still wouldn’t be that great compared to the meta cold 5 head one. But a Mammoth Hydra with 3 heads (x2) would still be awesome.

This would allow Typhoon set to reach 24,000% damage with the Mammoth hydras, which is still considerably better than LoD would provide.

The game is desperately missing more Fire builds. Having the screen filled with 6 Mammoth Hydra heads spewing gouts of fire, would be amazing.

I’m sorry but the cold hydra is just lame. Please bring Mammoth Hydra back to glory with this one simple change. Thank you

D3 has been out of development for over 2 years. There is no one to make changes.

OP has been around long enough to know this. Yet here we are.

1 Like

OP doesnt like to hear that.
Another thing. It’s not Typhoon. There is no “Typhoon” set. I just googled and learned something:

  • In Greek mythology, Typhon is a monstrous, serpentine giant, and one of the deadliest creatures. He is described as having the torso of a man, but with the lower body of two coiled snakes, and 100 dragon heads on his shoulders. Typhon was a powerful being, capable of breathing fire, flying, and controlling winds. He was also known for his battle with Zeus, whom he nearly defeated.*
2 Likes

And one day it might get some changes. D2 was “dead” for 15 years. Yet it still received minor changes and updates over time. I am happy to implement the changes for them. I’ll even do it for free. Yes, I’ve been here long enough to know that I will always strive for and fight for a better gaming experience for my fellow gamers even if someone like you says it’s not possible

I don’t mind hearing it; I forgive people who express limited perspective on such matters, and then I try to educate

Yes, Typhoon was an ancient monster who challenged Zeus. He married Echidna, also a monster, who gave birth to things like Cerberus and the Lernean Hydra. Needless to say, those creatures are known for having many heads; not one. And yet Mammoth Hydra is only allowed to have 1 head. It doesn’t make sense. That’s why I’m asking for it to change

Exactly why OP is on my ignore list. Content of the post had no relevance.

2 Likes

According to Wikipedia:

Not to be confused with Typhoon. This article [Typhon] is about the Greek mythological figure.

It’s all very well to want to teach everyone Greek mythology, but you might as well avoid making any mistakes from the start.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that

It’s very relevant

Tell that to a college professor

Typhoon has many names and pronunciations. The real question is why are you are trying to derail the conversation to make it about a spelling or pronunciation instead of the topic at hand

1 Like

Like many mythological gods/goddesses/monsters
But “Typhoon” is not one of those names.

[Bla bla bla]
Because you’re living in the past (or want to live there, I don’t know).
Some builds won’t come back.
Deal with it or stay in your “reality.”
Or make an Ultimate Wizard. I really don’t know…

1 Like

O.o
That would mean it was dead since shortly after release.

It received ~30 patches (that were public) in 16 years, hardly dead. Then, when that last patch hit in 2016, it went dead with no updates, because it ended development, until Resurrected came out which was an 20+ year intentional remaster, not a restart of typical updates.

Seeing how Acti-Bliz treated the Classic project (ie a beloved fan/customer favorite), it’s not likely that D3 will ever see one. Even if it does manage to get a remaster, it’s likely going to be a very long time. And all these posts asking for change will be long lost to time, possibly even completely lost if Bliz decides to switch forum vendor again in the future.

4 Likes

The WD will be reborn in 2065, during D10 Season 42!

4 Likes

Yes it is. Even if it isn’t, who is to say it wasn’t?

I am in the process of doing that since the Typhoon Hydra set doesn’t work with Hydra. However, it would be really great to see Typhoon set get the +2 hydra heads to all Hydras as it should

1 Like

Perhaps historians more specialized than us :joy:

Oh god… How many post about your Typhooooooon Hydra LoN build will come?

1 Like

I am a historian. Any historian worth their salt will tell you that the best they can ever provide is ever only a best guess; no historian knows for sure or for certain what happened in the past

I wasn’t planning on doing any. I only told you about it because you brought it up. Also I believe you just mean LoN Hydra…you can’t combine LoN with 6 piece sets like Typhoon set

1 Like

And I went to the moon
(I am the flag)

Maybe a new zDogs?

1 Like

He misspelled it intentionally to get attention :unamused:

5 Likes

Pretty sure that is easily disproven…sorry. But of course you can believe what you want to believe (I might suggest seeing a medical professional if you truly believe what you wrote). The simple truth is I am a historian

Idk what a zDogs is, sorry

She* and there I fixed it

1 Like

There SHOULD be a TYPHOON set!

The set bonuses…

  • Ray of Frost and Diamond Skin gains all runes, and the radius of Sleet Storm is doubled
  • when casting Ray of Frost, automatically cast two Energy Twisters from the player every second, Blizzard is cast on a random enemy every 2 seconds, and Diamond Skin. Gain 75% damage reduction when casting Ray of Frost and for 10 seconds after stopping
  • Enemies killed by Ray of Frost, Energy Twisters, or Blizzard will erupt with a Frost Nova when dying. Ray of Frost, Energy Twisters, Blizzard, Frost Nova and Diamond Skin gains X,000% increased damage.
3 Likes

I would be 93 by then and still not 20K paragon in D3 xD

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I’m already seeing several psychiatrists, but they can’t agree on my case, so it’s difficult for me to move forward.
So I’m left believing that I’m a flag that went to the moon :man_shrugging:

Have you ever tried the WD Zero Dogs build? It was a lot of fun.

2 Likes

That’s awesome, I’m happy for you

I never played anything called Zero Dogs. But also keep in mind mostly every build I use I come up with on my own (aside from the meta maxroll versions of certain builds)

I used Fetish Bogadile Sacrifice build, is that a Zero Dogs?

1 Like