Please bring back thorns necro

60 is too low for the bone ringer cap… please increase it to like 150 seconds or something. The build isn’t completely dead, but given how much optimization it requires it isn’t rewarding enough imo… Especially if other necro builds get buffed, thorns will need help to remain relevant

So, you mean the gimmicky RGK thorns necro? Gone the way of the other exploit builds. Patched, and working as intended.

1 Like

It’s not an exploit. Unless you think thorns are somehow unintended and the devs added them by accident.

That’s a matter of opinion. I find it fun.

Cause Standing there for 3 minutes on the RG building Bone Ringer Stacks only to One Shot him is intended.
Oh and lets not forget about the RG Fishing you needed cause some bosses Thorns didnt work with or just BLIGHTER or Quit.
No Thanks

3 Likes

I would rather they make it so that bone ringer work with rathma set to make a RGK build that are non throne based.

Please do NOT bring back Thorns necro, everybody hates it (except the OP)

Bringing it back as a kind of build variety is good i think.

I dont like it myself but as soon as there are more options and im not FORCED to go with it, id be all good with it.

Fishing for RGs in the upper section of the game is pretty common.
For solo aswell as for groups.

An exploit is something like duping items, not using a build the developers didn’t foresee existing.

Just because the devs didn’t foresee something, doesn’t mean it’s working as intended.

I’m saying that it’s not correct to call it an exploit. The items were working as advertised, it’s simply a combination that the developers didn’t foresee being that powerful.

It was a balance issue, not a bug.

That is definitely not a thorns necro issue though. Corpse lance also does that and wasn’t nerfed for example.

The devs didn’t intend the playstyle to be something where you build up insane amount of stacks until the enemies oneshot themselves.

So yes, a balance issue. A dumb and overpowered playstyle. Capping Bone Ringer stacks was a correct thing to do.

yeah, monks once had a ability that did 7% of the monsters left HPs as damage. The supportmonk did like 90% of the damage in a rift.

It then got deleted due to GR scaling and it being op and unintended in that way.

Thorns on the other hand just got nerfed. But the playstyle is still here, just too weak.

Well, they didn’t really “fix” that playstyle. The balance issue may have got fixed, but the gameplay remains the same. Set skeletons on an elite and drag it around the rift. It’s just as fishing intensive as before, just less rewarding (not rewarding enough to justify playing it unless you just like it a lot).

If they wanted to give thorns a way to manually apply thorns that could work too. Just as long as it doesn’t become the vast majority of the builds damage like invoker.

Maybe something like this…

Spear of Jairo: Gain 500-600% increased Thorns while every enemy within 30 Yards is Cursed.

Bone Ringer: While being commanded, Skeletons attacks deal 1% of your Thorns to the target. This is increased by 1% for every second they spend attacking the same target, up to 20%.

Basically both of these help the build reasonably deal with more rift guardians. High Jairo dmg and removal of the “# of enemies cursed” counter is both because the build would need help as a large % of it’s trash damage comes from bone ringer, and otherwise the necessary amount of damage from Bone Ringer to whittle down RGs in reasonable amount of time would turn it into an elite hunter build otherwise

1 Like

What kind of logic is this? Now people can make the GR 150 without any problems. How can a necromancer with a thorn build ever compare to them?

i use thorns balance to determine whether or not someone on the team has any mathematical background. clearly he was laid off some time ago.