Please add stone shards to the game permanently

You’re right about the season theme about LoN.

And right again about RorG.
There was the 4th slot too, never implemented after the season

Free RorG + Free LoN + 4th slot + Ethereal + Shards = How to kill the game

Yeah it was. It’s the first Seasonal theme of season 17, season of nightmare.

You have no idea how game release works, right?
OK, let me teach you a lesson.
I’ll take the next season as an example.
First, the developers will make a new game version ready to release marked 2.7.2. Then they will have a specific program to compare between that version and the previous released one (2.7.1a). All the differences/changes are packed in to one patch marked Patch 2.7.2, the same as the game version it patches into to avoid confusions.
And then, when they releases it, they will release the patch and apply it only so you will only have to download it instead of a 30 GB game whole (of course they also update the server in maintenance).
After that, all the changes are inside the game, include the balance changes, seasonal theme, new items, etc but you cannot see it. Then they will set something in the server (I don’t know exactly the tools they use for it, it’s their business secrets) and voila, now you can enter the season and see and play all those things. And after the season, it’s the opposite, they will hide all the changes and now you can’t see them anymore. Remember, they don’t usually delete them, just hide from your sights.
What’s the difference you may ask, well, a lot, but in term of gameplay, the patches include all the changes some will be hidden after the season ends (seasonal theme), some remains (i.e balance changes, new non-seasonal items). And if they want they’ll just have to “flip a switch” and make the changes in the season permanent, just like the balance changes.

But they don’t want :man_shrugging:t3:

Unlike season of grandeur or season of secret archive, which basically existed in the game before, I’m talking about something entirely new to the game, like the Ethereals. Most of the seasonal themes are not implemented into the game, so if the trend continues the soul shards wouldn’t be either. If they would I hadn’t written this post to beg them.
Of course I don’t want the game to be broken or power creeps, which is why most of my post was about nerfing them to the ground to avoid that.
And unlike the free RoRG or LOD, this is something truthly game-changing after a very long-time. And if you or anyone don’t like it, just ignore it and keep using the gems. It won’t affect you. Don’t spoil others’ fun just because you don’t like it.

How in the burning hell could you know what they would think 3 months from now?
I’ve been trying to be civil but clearly you’re just an a-hole.

:point_down:

1 Like

Exactly, so is my proposal of soul shards. It will not be the same as seasonal shards, but a much, much weaker version of it.

So the patch is not Diablo 3 specific?

Well that escalated quickly. I think you are pretty abresive and condenscending.
I think like many others here its too early to already ask for it to be permanent (with or without it being reworked or nerfed). Not all people have played ptr, we will still get a final patch note, so people have no idea how they work. Maybe more people will want it to stay in some form later on in the season, maybe people will find it fun for a season but not permanent if it is too gamechanging. And if Blizzard will listen or do something with it is a whole other story.

I’ll just put this as it is befitting…

When lights go down, I see no reason
For you to cry, we’ve been through this before
In every time, in every season
God knows I’ve tried
So please don’t ask for more

1 Like

No. Google “League of Legends Patch Notes”. All games and other kind software in general have patches.
Feel like talking to a bunches of 2 yo now.

1 Like

Hey,

You might want to edit your posts to conform with the forum’s code of conduct.

Take it from me who got suspended for a whole lot less. :peace_symbol: :grin:

Inappropriate Language

This category includes language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

• Are a mildly inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
  • Are otherwise considered objectionable
  • Bypass the Mature Language filter

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity
2 Likes

Dude, it’s fair that you quoted me, it did escalate. But please don’t quote them out of context. You didn’t even get a full sentence.

So @MeganeSenpai meet you’re buddy that feels the same way about Season Theme’s.
You know they are just a Season-one time thing.

Is this a second account for you or really two ships passing in the night?

Thanks, it’s kind of dumb to be banned for stating facts.

Well, not second account. And I’m against making Ethereal permanent. It’s just a power creep by itself; and if you nerf it, it’ll be no different from legendaries so there is just no point. It didn’t change the way you play the game like soul shards. This is the first seasonal theme that I ever wanted to be permanent.

The flags are because of the insults, not the disagreements.

2 Likes

I actually like the idea. Even though it is funny to see after all the ethereals posts.

I just think it will be really hard to do correctly. How do you tune them down enough to not be too much power creep while also make them good enough to be considered over normal gems? Like I know it is possible but we are talking about a game where relatively simple balance changes like “This set is X GR’s behind the other ones of the class so lets increase the multiplier by Y%” isn’t even done.

I am oversimplifying that a bit but I just don’t see a good middle ground being found for something even more complex. Would be great though, instead of just put diamond in the helm for CDR you could choose to put a shard with a bit less CDR but an added utility if you can make up the difference.

Yeah, exactly what I proposed above.
TBH I really hated when they proposed the idea to implement the ethereal to non-season. It’s only a massive power creep on its own but if you nerf it it will be no different from legendaries. If there’s one thing I hate the most about Diablo 3 it would be the power creep over the seasons. If I can have it my way I will immediately shave three zeroes from all class sets and LoN. I still remember the first season I played it was season 5 or 6, most sets only have +200-300% damage at most, and reaching Grift lvl 70-75 was a real challenge, and man it was fun, really really fun to play and grinding for gears and all.

No. its too overpowered and should be specific to the season.

Bro… It’s the PTR. It was “raining” shards because they upped the magic find by a lot

1 Like