Playing Diablo 2: Resurrected offline

Is my understanding correct that offline play will be possible and the only time you’ll need internet when you are installing the game?

I.e. I’ll be able to play on the plane or in a cabin in the middle of the woods w/o internet connection?

3 Likes

That is the current state of the art, but I don’t believe it, before I actually have played it offline.

3 Likes

Pretty sure during a Q&A w/ mrllama they stated that single player will be available offline. Hope that’s the case as our internet isn’t that great where I live. Not that it was a big issue in D2:LoD but when the weather is poor and Internet goes down SP is where it’s at.

Personally I’m hoping Starlink can fix that problem for people w/ middle of nowhere/wireless connections.

2 Likes

I believe so, you can play other Blizzard games from launcher offline in single player. Original D2 also worked that way, I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t.

Aside from the first time registering/activating the game, you are not required to be online to play locally.

2 Likes

Answered at 9:35

1 Like

Just hoping the whole game is available offline.
Runewords, Ubers ext

1 Like

You will need to install online and validate the game key once. After that they said you can play offline.

As long as you have a decent generator that can safely charge your devices.

They have not said. Some things were originally Closed Bnet only and that might remain that way. Assume it will work like the old version for now.

2 Likes

Hopefully they make the one change a lot of people mod the game for, which is eliminating ladder only runewords. It’s always been a thorn in players’ sides that they have to mod the game just to get all of the game if they play offline.

3 Likes

I understand that. I just don’t know that they will do that - especially at release of D2R. They said they would not be changing much.

I would not be shocked if a later patch did change things down the road though depending on player feedback.

You may need the internet to load the cross progression when transfer from one platform to another.

1 Like