/playersX on console - launch or post-launch?

It’s 1 week before launch and I can’t find any official comment if console will have /playersX functionality in single player (or “offline” as they renamed it). At this point, with no ingame chat on console, I’m getting genuinely afraid the answer is no.

I remember hearing comments along the lines of “we’re trying to keep all versions as close as possible to the PC version”. /playersX is a massive staple element of D2 single player gameplay. It’s almost like removing an act or a class or a skill.

If ingame chat is somehow a problem, /playersX could still be implemented in a list in the menus, similar to the torment levels in D3, or when selecting a character.

@Blizz, is /playersX available on console single player at launch, and if not, will it be added post-launch? Praying for a reply.

2 Likes

At launch, very unlikely as that is a “new feature” apparently (like lobbies.)

Sometime after release? Maybe. Hopefully. Might just have to use cross-progression.

I think that’s the goal, overall: push everyone to PC and use “other devices” merely as “backups.”

2 Likes

This is false advertisement then.

1 Like

No.

It would be if the game were already released with announced features that don’t exist.

Otherwise, good luck taking that to court as fraud.

It is. This was suppose to be the same d2 experience. The lack of players is a huge detriment to consoles in ways these oblivious devs know not.

4 Likes

I think we all can agree that keyboard support on console is a must.
As well as lobbies, custom games and text chat, including command functionality.

We deserve the full game for our money on every platform.
And the dumb down they pulled of with console versions at launch is just ignorant, backwards and to a certain extend insulting.

3 Likes

Won’t happen, they dont really care about us.

Wow so much negative