Players X Command

There really needs to be a way to use the players X Command on console for single player. Even if it’s just a setting in options or when loading into the game - it makes the early game far more enjoyable when you can test a few decent skills before tristram without spending time grinding.

4 Likes

Not exactly sure what you are getting at.

Are you saying the x button? Are you saying you cannot use it at all, or just early game?

If you are referring to early game, when you only have 1-2 skills available, you can change game settings to allow you to assign any skill yo any button.

Or are you saying that you shouldn’t have to grind/ level to gain access to skills that default to the x button?

See the delima in understanding what you were saying?

OP isn’t talking about the x button. He is talking about the console command that you can type into the chat window that changes the number of players the game thinks is playing. It’s great for single player because it increase exp gains, gold drops and magic drops. With that said, I can’t see that ability in the console version of the game, but it is something that needs to be in the game. It’s part of the original pc game, so I have a feeling the console command is there, just no way to access it very a controller

2 Likes

Not having the possibility on console to increase to players 2-8 on singleplayer is a real bummer. Whithout it is practically impossible to get to lvl 99 or do the late game item hunting that is considered the long term challenge of d2.

My guess is that this was simply missed when the desicion was made to remove text chat on console. But since this is such an essential part of the game for single player, I hope this will be patched soon.

2 Likes

To be heard, take it over to the D2R Console forum. This is the D3 console forum.

If you have no idea what you’re talking about, why even say anything?

probably because 1. Diablo 3 doesn’t have that command.
2. i never heard of that command (tbh i never played d2)
3. this is still the diablo 3 forums, if the OP wants to take this argument against the devs, he needs to do it on the diablo 2 forums

As Eddie advises, please take it to the D2R Console forum.

1 Like

It was actually a link in the d2r forum’s subtopic drop tab for d2r’s console general discussion which just brought me here now. So I doubt that it was the OP’s fault that their post about d2r on console ended up here.

Curious what you’re describing here… could you walk us through that in a bit more detail?

I’ve just been for a look and am not seeing that path at first glance.

Likely not intended one way or another. The later posts are just intended to redirect people to the place they can be heard on the topic they want to post about. Also to leave that as the last post on the topic to improve visibility for one of the paths where people post to D3 unintentionally.

Ah, I see!

You were posting a Diablo 2 related topic without providing insight that it was for diablo 2 on a diablo 3 forum. You’re right, your mistake. Try posting your D2R topics in the appropriate D2R forums in the future.

2 Likes