Players set to X on multiplayer

Currently on open B-Net bots are hosting Baal runs. They ‘host’ them so they can get more players in the game and thus better drops. They generally don’t get full 8 player games but they will get a few players. If we can /players 8 in b-net games these same bots will just go play in private games with the best drop rates you can get.

The current Bots are end game equipped…

From my memory from a few years ago when I still played, the bots got full games because of how fast they cleared baal runs. They were making new games and they got full pretty often.

Carrying low level geared players etc.

Btw, just play hardcore. Bots die very often, so the botting problem there is non existent.

So I’ll be playing the same game with bots but with shiny graphics… I wonder how many people are going to over look this and the lack of QOL/Modern features… blizzard remade a 20 year old game for like 5,000 or less people rofl!!! They thought Warcraft 3 was a failure yikes! Day one bots and low player count is going to look bad

If you don’t want bots Hardcore is for you.

2 Likes

Never thought of that

1 Like

I also think it wouldn’t be a big difference. The increased player difficulty is already a thing and this would not effect the economy in any way. It only changes how we can get access to a higher difficulty.
People who use bots will always find a way to maximize their runs. Either in open games that are filled with other players, closed games filled with other accounts or in closed game with /players 8.

I think the only major changes noticable are the following 2:

A: People or groups who progress (mainly on Hell) are not bothered by random people joining the game for a couple of minutes, making everything harder to kill. And later during progress finding out that some quests can’t be done because bosses or mini bosses have been killed.

B: People who like to solo MF can do so in private games and don’t have to join any random +3 player games once they are strong enough to do so.

No this is HC I’m talking about.

Idk what you mean. I’ve seen bots upclose and personal from friends using them. They’ve told me how many times they die during a normal farming routine, with very good gear and high level. Unless you mean bots that farm normal or nightmare (even nightmare I’d bet they would die every now and then) then idk.

No, I was watching a streamer on Twitch jumping in Hell Baal runs ‘hosted’ by a “German” Bot. The bot was doing just fine…

Sure, it will be fine for an hour or two or three and then he will die. He might get lucky and pull a full night without dying, but I bet you that he will eventually die once his luck run out. Bots are not reliable to survive. And imagine if they were doing it on player 8 on hardcore. Nobody in their right mind would risk a fully geared character like this. Bots die like flies in softcore and I’ve witnessed it first hand.

Bots have scripts that can be highly modified. A bot on HC will run different than a regular bot. You can set chicken life. It will leave the game when your HP drops below a certain number. You can have them leave and remake a game when souls or dolls are found. You can also sacrify damage for more survivability with the type of items you use. It is not hard to bot on HC without dying.

1 Like

this was at least over the course of a week…then there were better things to watch…

Yes it was running chicken and scripted to quick if hositled. Which led to some other people having fun with it, jumping in game an hostiling…

I am for allowing /players command in multiplayer. “But bots” is not a good counter-argument, “but bots” is a problem in and of itself. That’s a problem for Blizzard.

You say bots aren’t a good counterargument, but offer no reasoning to back your claim? :thinking:

I may be wrong, but doesn’t the boost occur on the odd numbers? I thought the “nodrop” changed on p3,5,7, but XP increase as well as mob health increased on every level.

1 Like

You are correct. Still even /players 3 would be a breeze for a well equipped character to blaze through the game.

Agreed. I stick to players one (in Hell) because I’m not well equipped.

I mean, :cough: my characters aren’t. I’ve had no complaints.

Usually do /p5 for LK runs though, since the idea is to avoid the mobs.

1 Like

For what reason should players not be able to do /p8 because ‘Waaah waaah bots waaah waaah’. For no reason. Maybe you’re a leech who latches onto botted rush / chant / baal games and is scared that the /p8 options might make those item shop bot runs disappear into private games? Don’t worry, they would rather have that ‘good advertising’ of spamming their website to those of you who cannot perform the most basic of game functions.

Multi player is called that for a reason. Play with others or don’t. If you don’t like it play single mode.

Bad idea. This would kill the social aspect of the game. Every one be just playing alone being they get their own loot and the exp advantage.