Plant-based Magic?

Druid in D2 had some vines, but was wondering if anyone knows will D4 Druid also have some plant magic.

I personally do hope it will since that opens up room for a neat flavor and mechanics.

Not ‘nature’ based magic, but ‘plant’ based magic, eh? That’s a new take on it :flushed:. And I’m sure we will.

1 Like

Well, I called it ‘plant’ magic because ‘nature’ is a pretty wide concept.
I mean, summoning lightning from sky (something we’ve seen in the demo, iirc) is ‘nature’ based magic, so I just wanted to be more precise on which type of it I was talking about.

didn’t see anything in the demos or gameplay trailers that resembled the vines or even the spirits… hard to say if they will bring back the summoning aspect for those things or just focus on the shapeshifting and elemental aspects.

The D4 Druid also has a Vine Creeper as a Companion.

Vine Creeper : A passive skill where a vine creeper periodically emerges from the ground and poisons a nearby enemy for 34-41 over 8 seconds. The active skill causes vines to strangle enemies in a target area, poisoning them for 171-209 over 6 seconds and stunning them for 2 seconds.

Talent Tree

Call of the Wild : Your critical strike chance is increased by 8% per point against your wolves’ focus target. Raven passive attacks make enemies vulnerable for 20% of the damage dealt per point. Vine Creeper’s poison duration is increased by 8% per point. (40% with 5 points).

2 Likes

I would love to see where you pulled that from………

Just look up Diablo 4 druid skills. Not too hard to find honestly…

1 Like

oh ok thanks, none of that is final though. I must have missed the part about the creeper or just forgotten it because ive seen 2 out of 3 of those already.

I know I did.
It didn’t get a lot of focus, but that makes sense.

We will have an herbmancer soon.

Oops, I leaked …

Well, plant could be considered an element. [=
(Shoot me.)

Seriously though, plant-themed stuff doesn’t have to be just summon, at least not in the traditional sense.
You could summon thorny vines for battlefield control (enemies that move trough it are slowed and bleed), or a tree that will be stationary (like trees tend to be :p) and smashes enemies around it with its branches.

I’m also kinda hesitant to bring it up because it comes from a work that isn’t exactly compatible with Diablo, so bear with me here a bit, but Hashirama Senju from Naruto (not counting summons like statues, clones, and similar) also does some neat stuff with summoning trees and branches in a rather neat and pleasantly violent way.

Does a plant base diet promote plant based magic?:thinking:

I think Colorado has legalized plant-based magic a while back. Start there.

1 Like

vegan power takes over diablo! :v

Could be that plant based magic promotes plant based diet. :face_with_monocle:

I’d love to see the druid shapeshifting into a massive treant.

I am Groot!

:palm_tree: :palm_tree: :palm_tree:

2 Likes

plant based magic? should it be called Impossible Magic?

1 Like

I’d love to see this idea explored further.
Anyone who knows a bit about plants, mushrooms and the likes could see there is plenty potential.
I don’t know how it will work with a Diablo druid, which has not much of a lore in this regard compared to celtic druids or even wood elves, but it’s worth givin it a shot.
It could also be a good starting point to making a more varied and hazardous environment, like poisonous mushrooms clusters, hostile trees lashing at you, clutching vines patches slowing you down and so on.

1 Like