Plans for Pushing, Post-Patch?

Oh, they’ll still have “can’t die” relics, it’s just that people are debating whether the followers will be able to survive without them, now that they can equip a whole lot more gear. If they can survive, then they can use one of the other relics- “all skills” or “50% cdr”.

Shoot, MB beat me to it…

1 Like

Right on , thank you for clarification Meteorblade and Rage .

1 Like

Yes, the idea is to switch to the “gain all skills” relic specifically to get more value. Also keep in mind what I mentioned (and heard) was for Frenzy build specifically. I do not know if other Barb builds will benefit as much as Frenzy.

In any case, with these FB changes I’ll be pushing with that build too. No idea how high it can go but I think with a bit of grinding a 115 should be doable.

So current Barb goals for the coming months are:

MotE (phys) - 120
Vile Charge - 110
Frenzy (seasonal) - 115

Should be attainable.

“Gain all skills” can be both good and bad. Followers tend to have cc and even some hard cc like stuns and in high pushes usually we are the ones that want to control the crowd control, especially when monsters and rift guardians tent to build up cc resistances that reach cc immunity after a while. But for lower content it’s fine. The one with cooldowns is interesting to see if we could make it viable. Frenzy barb seems to have an advantage here over other builds.

Correct, WWRend would only benefit from using all abilities if and only if we could opt to not run the CC abilities.

Used LoD HotA to get a 13:48 on GR128, while I was faking paying attention during a Zoom meeting, haha. Nabbed #1 on NA No-set LB.

Calling it now: this build is going to surprise people when it clears a 140 in the hands a competent player.

6 Likes

I saw that since I was pushing LoD myself, was good to see a fellow forum barb.

I barely managed a GR90 with LoD WW/EQ, a build I nabbed a long time ago from Blackarrows. In some ways I prefer this build to WW Rend, even if it’s definitely not on the same power level.

3 Likes

Told ya!

Congrats, too, on the 129 that followed. For 130, please record video! We have basically no footage of that build being played well.

1 Like

Ha, yeah I got right to work though to make sure. We’ll see how long it lasts.

I took video of both my runs. I’ll get around to encoding and uploading them at some point. The main thing to demonstrate is all the mistakes I make lol.

Check your passives. One matches the HF ammy…

1 Like

Yep, I’m an idiot lol. Brawler should feel pretty good, now. Just cleared 130 before reading your post, so I think the 20% dibs is probably about 1 GR on its own.

Edit: and thanks for the point out!

1 Like

Incredibly proud of your accomplishment. Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks my dude! I know I won’t be winning at spinning but I can go to pound-town.

1 Like

Meanwhile, EU NS leaderboards: crusader and necro 150, wiz 149 (firebird best clear 147), barb 146 and 140-141 DH, WD, monk. Yes, WD really needed this nerf, that will teach them.

I really like barbarian, but with firebird I clear 4:30-5:10 122 in whatever map due to amazing mobility and no need for pulls. My gear is between meh and ok, P2400. 'Member when rend cleared 140 at 10K (by a player who was later banned for botting) and the forums went berserk that it needed nerf? I can’t imagine what will happen if barb gets a mediocre-ceiling-but-super-strong-at-lower-gr-build like firebird.

1 Like

Anyone who was around for that remembers!!! I think these new split leaderboards will give blizzard very clear data on what needs helps. Pretty sure there is a lot of guessing going on when they nerf or buff something. When you are guessing what a build can clear pressure from players can play a big roll in what happens. This is sometimes a good thing and often it is a bad thing. The original rend nerf was pressure from non barbs and was followed by pressure from barbs and non barbs to get some of the nerf reverted. I still to this day think lamentation should be 200% if we are going to keep making builds like the current necro/sader/wiz. Crazy part is so far in era 14 barb has the 4th best clears as a class. So we are not in a bad place as far as top clears. If you split wiz/necro/sader into the “has a 150 clear already group” from the others you can see barb has multiple 143-146 clears. WD’s top clear is 143. Monk and dh’s top is 142. Give players a month and im positive barb will have a 150 clear. As for the other 3 classes that might be a stretch.

Tbh I’d much rather look at a set’s floor to determine performance. The high clears are for top-para players with a lot of skill, which isn’t representative of the general playerbase.

So I don’t get why you say this. WWRend is one of the best and most versatile sets out there. Maybe GoD and FB have higher floors, but it’s still hard to beat Rend for overall floor performance.

Correct!!! It is very versatile. The difference is when players push and realize that once you hit 125+ you can not overpower the content unless you have tons of paragon. Then spear is required and skill is thrown into the equation. Spear is the hard line that separates WWrends top clears and everything else. This has nothing to do with power but a skill that takes a lot of practice that allows the build to use all of it’s area damage. No other build in the game puts all its eggs in one basket to rely on a monster conduit pop. Also our main passive rampage requires us to make kills in order to keep the buff. This means that 75% of all mobs in the game are instantly garbage for this build. Fishing is required for all builds but some require a lot more.

I think Alex actually meant

I made one little change there if you saw it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rend is versatile but as Chris correctly noted, at 120+ you need spear, pulls, hardcasts for ad etc. Firebird just destroys everything even at my low paragon. 5 min clears >15 gr than rend with inferior gear

Firebird Mirror images doesn’t proc ad, AI is THE WORST, they die, pulls are discouraged due to cc from multiple elites. That’s why I think (waaay too early of course) that its ceiling is disproportionately low considering its superb mid gr strength.

1 Like

My thought exactly about the bird. Thank you.

1 Like

If you ain’t spinnin you ain’t winnin! #WW