Plans and Designs...suddenly stopped dropping

Good day to all of you!
Returning to D3 after years and i’m glad to see the same vivid community i’ve left years ago :slight_smile:

I’ve just created a Necromancer and finished the seasonal journey with him for the complete Inarius set. Thing is that i am a low Paragon lv. (158) and the path ahead is still long. And painful :slight_smile:

I am currently playinf Difficulty T7 and it works quite well with the Inarius full set. As long as this is currently my only set, i’ll be using it for a while until more will drop.

My problem is this:
When i was having 4/6 of the set and i was Paragon 80-99 playing T4 difficulty, EVERY single time i was doing the full map bounties for an Act i was getting either Blacksmith or Jeweller recipes or even both. Suddenly, after i’ve completed the journey and got the last pieces of the Inarius set and quickly passed over Paragon 100 lv. and rised the game Difficulty progresively to T7, they stopped!
Yes,i know that the drop rate is random, but trust me when i tell this, something isn’t right. Since then i’ve done EVERY Act full bounties 4-5 times EACH and i’ve haven’t got at least 1 (ONE!) plan or design! It’s statistically impossible to finish 20-25 times the bounties, spending 8-9 hours and not getting at least one plan!

I really need someone to tell me if this is a bug or i’ve done something that stopped the dropping process.

Thanks a lot!

One last thing, a 2nd question, please explain me which from the Rifts (Normal or Greater) OR the Bounties completion is the preferable way of getting Legendaries/Primals/Ancients/Set items.

Once again, i sincerely thank you for all the answers you can provide and, of course, for your help by doing that. :slight_smile:

1. No more plans because you have already learnt all.

2. Bounty caches drops many bounty-reward-specific items. The number of other legendary is not that much. In fact, you get more legendaries by killing mobs.

Also, rift/grift have higher legendary drop rate.

1. Can you tell me, please, if ONLY some recipes drop from the bounties or ANY recipe in the game may drop from bounties? Maybe there is a limited number of them which are accessible through the bounties caches and the rest have to be found by killing mobs. I dunno… Is there a list to compare it with the plans i have already teached my Blacksmith and Jeweller?

2. So, in terms of important items, (G)rifts are better, while the Bounties provide the items for Kanai’s Cube usage, right? Any other particular utility for the Bounties except this?

A very much ‘thank you!’ !

Blacksmithing recipes will continue to drop (from Bounty caches or Odious Collector goblins) until your Blacksmith has been taught all the possible recipes. Once he knows them all, caches and Odious Collectors no longer drop recipes. The complete list of Blacksmith crafted items (both from training him to max level and obtaining plans) is in the game guide…
Blacksmith Recipe Guide

The only mob-dropped recipes for the Staff of Herding and Reaper’s Wraps.

As for the jeweller, the dropped recipes are for the Royal and Flawless Royal gems of each of the five types, i.e. Amethyst, Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Topaz.

1 Like

And Reaper’s Wraps from Malthael.

1. Malthael on Act 5 randomly drops a plan of Reaper’s Wraps which is a useful item for generating resources (especially useful to Necro).

Izual on Act 4 randomly drops plan of Staff of Herding which is a key to enter Whimsyshire.

Plan of Wirt’s Leg can only be dropped in the January event. It is a transmog item.

The game guide contains more information about plans. Though it includes some obsoleted plans which are no longer available.

(Google search those terms to learn more.)

2. Most of the items are dropped randomly. Few items do drop in certain location or by certain monsters. e.g. RoRG can only be dropped from bounty cache.

Everything is clear now! Thank you very much for these clarifications!

Reapers Wraps drop is not random. Once you hit level 70, if you kill Malthael on any difficulty, he will drop the plans for Reapers Wraps.

1 Like

I thought so before, but I have experience of not dropping. So I held back.