Pixelated Phylactery Item Graphics

Only started active in season 21 and 22 and only started playing Necromancer class in season 22. Thus I only noticed all my phylactery item graphics are pixelated while all others are fine in this season.

Example are the phylactery items in my inventory here:
ht tps :confused: / i.im gur. com/ vtTs GM9. png
(remove the space on the link to get the full link)

Recently I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the whole game. And it is still the same.
Any suggestions?
I went around searching on pixelated item graphics but all they gave me so far are pixelated dungeon or parts of the screen. But my issue is not that.
Is this the right forum anyway?

Edit: Scythe items also have pixelated graphics.

Please learn how to post links so we don’t have to “fix” them before we can see them. Thank you.

https://i.imgur.com/vtTsGM9.png

To post a link:

1. Upload your image or video to a free hosting website, like Imgur or YouTube.
  2. Paste the "Direct Link" to your image and/or video in your post. (See image below).

1. Select the link you just pasted and click the ˂/˃ button on the Reply Editor toolbar. (See image below).

1. Click Reply. (See image below).

Your link will look similar to this: https://i.imgur.com/AQIKfWw.gif

1 Like

Only thing I can think of is that it must be related to the Darkening of Tristram event. Hopefully the issue goes away at the end of January when the event ends.

If not, I would suggest deleting your D3prefs file, and let the game automatically create a new one for you. I know that some of the settings in that file can force lower graphics settings, but I think it works across the board, not just on single items.

The option ESC > Video > Texture Quality controls that. Change it from Low to High will resolve it.

Don’t know why only some items are affected.

Dear Perusoe, noted and thank you on the guide for the image posting. Apologies as it was my first post and I did not notice any guide in the pinned guide " [How to Write a Good Bug Report]". Only the form keep telling me I can not post links.

Dear VitaKaninen,
Unfortunately it is not related to Darkening of Tristam event. It was there when I noticed it since the beginning of Season 22 (before the darkening event).
I would have tried what you mentioned about D3prefs file if I have not managed to fix this issue. But since then, I have found it is fixed - but what I did is total uninstall, delete document folder and fresh install.

Dear Maskraider,
I don’t think this is the solution, but thanks. I would reckon the texture quality is related to the gameplay model and environment rendering? Mine is more related to the 2D image of the item.

Dear all,
I managed to solve the issue by uninstalling both the game and the Battle.net app. And also deleting the folder (\Diablo III\ folder in system’s \Documents) containing “D3Prefs.txt” (not sure if this one is the actual solution or not, as it was mentioned by VitaKaninen). After a fresh install, I noticed the graphic/image of the item is in fine resolution.

So, I consider this issue solved - at least for me. Thank you.

2 Likes

I might sound weird but I could reproduce your case by lowering the texture quality. This setting is stored locally in D3Prefs.txt. Deleting the D3Prefs.txt file will reset the settings to default when the file is recreated.

Anyway, I’m glad you’ve fixed the problem.

Dear Maskraider,
You are right! Now when I change the settings, the quality of the 2D images of items does change! Mind boggling why some of the images are really low quality compared to others. Especially necromancer specific items.
So the render quality does impact on the quality of the item images.