Phalanx Bowmen Attack speed breakpoints

I struggle to find attack speed break point tables for Phalanx - Bowmen.

Can someone help here?

I will try and answer your question. Maxroll states 18 frames unfortunately there is no chart available which gives you the exact attack speed number needed to achieve 18 frames.
But what is more important is why you are concerned with it in the first place. If you are pushing the build, then the most optimal route is using Shield Bearers instead of Bowmen. Bowmen cannot come close to the damage output of Shield Bearers even fully optimized.
If you are concerned with GR speed runs, then the difference of reaching that breakpoint is negligible.

I hope this helps.

It does help somewhat, since It was never stated that the difference for speeds is negligible.

I’m concerned with it, since the guide mentions the AS bonus from follower.
My only seasonal char is the Sader therefore I can’t reroll her gear for int and reach the cap.

I was also wondering how TnT fits into all of this.
Breakpoints with and without.

Most of the time I just like to know the mechanics to base my decisions on

Phalanx Bowmen are pets and thus the only way to actually increase their attack speed is Tasker and Theo. Normal IAS affixes on gear merely serve as an additional damage multiplier for pets instead of increasing their attack speed. That’s why there are no break point tables.

This is my understanding of the mechanics.

There are clearly breakpoints mentioned in the guides.

Just the tables with raw data are missing

Based on Maxroll’s guide, you need to reach 18 FPA break point with Bowmen. Laws of Valor, IAS on the weapon and couple other items. Otherwise you ignore it completely as it not worth it. That is the only break point that matters apparently.

True but it’s not explicitly stated how much sheet AS I need, so that I can factor in Follower AS buff, active buffs, shrine buffs etc.

The raw data table that they used would be helpful.
Also the knowledge about other breakpoints.(which one might reach temporary with buffs) - afaik attack speed snapshots at the time of casting phalanx

Also how much would this AS change if the TnT is not perfect, would be an additional question in my mind

You need 2.6316 APS to reach 18fpa. The closest I have come to this was 1.6130 APS…that gave me 30fpa.

EDIT: The Bowmen variant, however, is fantastic for Paragon farming. The ranged capability makes quick, easy work of all RG bosses, regardless of their annoying hit box details and evasive movement patterns. For your benefit, here is a url to my exact farming build:

–maxroll.gg/d3/d3planner/229137453–

Note, I am running 1.44 APS, which translates into actual 1.3514 APS at 36 fpa.

3 Likes