Petition system for QoL ideas on the forum

Question: Stackable gems

Yes or No

71% yes - 29% no

I think we should have petition system to give dev ideas how we would see game moving forward.

Would you like guys something like that? I think it would be nice for devs to build game along with us, players. I think we should have our say because at the end of the day we are the ones paying and playing the game.

Forum Moderator Note: Petition Posts are frowned upon. If you think that a given idea is a good one, we absolutely encourage the feedback, but explaining why you think it’s a good idea is more valuable than soliciting a petition.

6 Likes

I would love to see stackable gems and runes happen. That’s a great idea! No more need for a gem or rune mule in order to do crafting or leveling them up.

3 Likes

Thats not the point of this thread, its only an example what could be made in here.

The guy who responded to you is a perfect example why polls (or democracy for that matter) are a bad idea. :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t get it, you can already “poll” an idea by just pitching it in a thread here.

Polls are kind of easy to manipulate and not necessarily representative…

I think it is the best if we just pitch the ideas and tell the devs what we would like to see happening, but in the end they decide what they go for based on their own reasoning.

There are a lot of rather “popular” ideas around that would be horrible for a remaster (increased Droprates, personal Loot, more XP, etc.).
Most of them don’t originate within the “OG” D2 player base, which probably is the most important part of the community when it comes to keeping D2:R alive long term.

Many people who came from D3 or other games will play for a few month and then move on to D4 or whatever and never come back, so I don’t think it would be a good idea to tailor the game around them.

8 Likes

Polls are good because you can vote anonymously without being piled on by purists.

2 Likes

We live in a post D3 world I don’t think the purists are going away anytime soon.

1 Like

NO

This forum is not representative of the original diablo 2 community.

2 Likes

No lol. We already know going way back to the development of D3 that the community has been split and polarized on a few main issues. Most of these issues simply revolve around some people wanting a super easy convenient streamlined handheld gaming experience, and some people wanting a classic old school RPG experience (as in a remaster of a classic game).

One crowd already got Diablo 3 with higher drop rates, personal loot, and most old school ARPG elements tossed out the window and replaced with a modern gaming experience. There is nothing wrong with that the franchise moved forward into a newer generation of gaming.

Now that we are remastering a classic game we don’t need to poll people to find out that part of the community wants to play a nostalgic remaster that recaptures the old school ARPG vibe of Diablo 2 we are finally hopefully getting and part of the community just wants this game to be full of next gen QOL features that turn the game into a modified version of D3 because they are bored of playing it and just want an altered version in D2’s atmosphere we already knew that 10 + years ago when people got their way with D3 then complained about it later.

You can see it on literally every single post already.

1 Like

Add charm, runes, and gems inventory.

1 Like

I think, this is a terrible idea for a developer. I would hate it as an administrator. Last thing I’d want is a bunch of ignorant people spouting off ideas that won’t work well with existing code that they think is a simple fix that wouldn’t effect anything…

Sounds a lot like certain broken systems we live with in the real world…

It hasn’t turned out so well.

E: Basically, you want Twitter for D2.

2 Likes

They are not building a game, they are remastering an existing one with only the most barebones QoL changes like picking up gold or having a shared stash. Stackable gems is a no no.

1 Like

They built an entire new graphics system for it. They own the game and can update it if they want. All we need is a mode that retains 1.14 gameplay and they should be able to do whatever they’d like from there on.

Please see the Forum rules prohibiting that. Welcome to the Diablo II: Resurrected Forums

Petition posts are frowned upon.
These are discussion forums and, as such, we ask you to hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as “votes” is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to moderation, including deletion.

D2R will release with almost no changes.

The game was built 21 years ago. There is no “game to build” here and game development is not done by popular vote.

5 Likes