Petition on Primal re-work

primals are fun , but imo think adding random % to char skill damage would infact be great .
This would allow more builds , Fun and excitment for players , in addition Bring alot Back to Diablo 3 . hope dev’s Can review This

Hard pass for me.

Adding more power to Primals just makes them mandatory. With the rarity of them where they are already, all it would do is create an even bigger competitive imbalance. This is why they kept Primals V2 instead of Primal V1. Adding more tiers of gear does nothing for the game except more power creep.

Would it? The top builds would still be the top builds. If you want to increase build diversity, then you need to add more legendary affixes to the many, many legendaries that still don’t have one.

The only Primal re-work I want to see is a way to fix a Primal that rolls terribly.

9 Likes

Every single time someone proposes a primal rework or something else related to them in order to “increase build diversity” in reality it would have done at best nothing or at worst the very opposite.

As stated, to increase build diversity and make unused skills valid choices, those skills need supporting legendary affixes. Buff the underpowered ones, add new ones to items that don’t have any and so on.

Primals having an extra damage modifier, even a random one, is just unnecessary power creep. People would only use primals that buff skills used by the existing top builds, making those builds even more powerful and thus achieving the exact opposite, a reduction in build diversity.

8 Likes

It’s impossible. Always will the buillds that better than others. Even by 1%, but better. And majority will play that builds. But it doesn’t mean that buffing not needed ofc it’s needed (nerf are not).

1 Like

The other point here is that from what Ive seen this season, the player base is so tiny now that you’re asking for major dev work to pander to a few people who haven’t moved onwards when they could be expending that effort on 4/5/Immortal for actual company revenue.

Just enjoy an old game for what it is. It doesn’t need wild ideas any more… Those are the season themes.

Going with the thread title, “petitions” are usually frowned upon by development and moderation both. You can read it on the rules of forums. If you want an idea just introduce it as an idea. Don’t attempt to rally people for pressuring the developers of a decade old game.
Also idea is a hard pass from me as well. If you want extra skill damage, then Primal craft a specific class-based equipment then re-roll the required affix when you feel the need. Extra damage you seek would be coming from the difference between a maximum stat Primal and well rolled Ancients.

3 Likes

No thanks. I want Primals to be an end game item and after getting it, I can feel like my character is complete. I don’t want to be chasing even more variance on Primals to boot.

3 Likes

Whilst it would be nice to get +1Billion% damage to electrocute to make it viable, once that primal with +1billion% damage to meteor drops, that’s all I will be using for wizard.

This is one of those cases where that phrase “you think you want it, but you really don’t” actually holds some logic.

Adding the Altar and Fissures to non-season though… that’s what we really need.

Something like clearing GR100 solo to enable fissures to appear in NS, and clearing GR110 solo to enable the Altar in NS… that would help balance access to these things.

2 Likes

It’s already dead easy to farm for legendaries. I remember the time where it took a lot of efford to push. Now you have more and more doing 150’s.
Primals are the best, yes. But from a good ancient to a primal is not that huge of a deal. I have played casually this season and gotten over 10 primals already.

1 Like