Pet Suggestion!

I will tell you that is the greatest idea of all time. The only thing that could top it and we should camp at Blizz’s door till we get it is where the non combat pets only pick up primal ancients. After all they are guaranteed to be great because they are primal just like ancients are guaranteed to be great just because they are ancient. How dare me say that a well rolled normal can beat an ancient or even a primal because they are guaranteed to roll properly. That is what you are saying right.

Now see what I am trying to say. There is not a good reason to have a non combat pet that picks those items up because they are not guaranteed to be great. Just like primals are not guaranteed to be great. In fact the majority are junk.

I really don’t see what you are trying to say. It is not making any sense to me. Honestly turning around what I said as the request completely to make your point. (which makes no sense).

1 Like

I can press one button to salvage all non-legendary items at once. The button is very nice.

Manually going through the remaining items is often not too bad and I might want to at least look at what I got. Unfortunately, they do have to be identified first… on console.

They said they would consider having pets pick up mats but only if they made mats have their own inventory, which they did a few years back. Still not understanding why they need to be clicked to be picked up. And nobody thinks you’re tough or a hard worker because you like the extra clicks. It’s pointless busy work.

1 Like

Another suggestion is for the pet to collect gems.

Just have the pets do everything, God forbid if we need to click on something. Speedy just wants to move fast and not do anything when flying across the screen from point A to point B. Go speedy, go! :man_cartwheeling: :man_cartwheeling: :man_cartwheeling:

What a silly idea. Who gonna fetch our breakfast in the morning then?

I’m not against the idea of pets (all of them - not a single, specific one) picking up more stuff. I’d like to see it as a new feature that they all have so I can keep using my Butcher or Liv Moore or Bumble (or whatever I’ve come attached to) or as a new item, probably an amulet. Many of my builds don’t have a specific amulet needed (because I don’t care about rushing for Gr150 or “optimization.”)

1 Like

You don’t have to care about GR progression to consider having tedious time wasting activities made a bit less time consuming.

Either it should be in the pet AI for all pets (so you have freedom to pick the cosmetic you want) or it should not.

Quality of life changes are a good thing. They automate mindless, repetitive tasks. What you’re asking for is to automate a task which involves a decision which should be made by the player (determining an item’s value and choosing to destroy it).

I have no problem with pets auto-collecting gold and crafting mats. They take up no inventory space. There’s no reason you’d ever not want to pick them up. I’d be willing to compromise on souls because they’re the “legendary” crafting mat and you should feel like it’s a reward to see them drop and pick up.

I don’t support having a pet auto-loot everything, let alone having it salvage without user input. Players do need to take some role in choosing what loot to pick up, managing their inventory, and choosing what to do with items. That’s a core part of the loot hunt that’s central to what Diablo is. Anything that takes up inventory space should require player input to change (pick up, throw away, convert to crafting mats, etc). That includes gems. We already have area loot to facilitate gems.

Just in terms of game psychology, in Diablo, items are the reward for killing monsters. You’re talking about replacing player interaction with that reward with an automated system that collects it all automatically and destroys it without the player even seeing it. That’s never an idea that’s going to sell well to developers.

2 Likes

I never said they would salvage anything higher than white, blue and yellow. I don’t know where you got that.

Yes, and even with that, you are taking a decision away. Just like if you don’t have a loot pet to pick up gold, it becomes a decision. As I said previously, you can choose not to use the pet that does it.

Let’s face it, once you reach 70, nothing below ancient is worth keeping unless you are specifically looking for a piece to convert in the cube to legendary and then you can unequip the pet.

Maybe in your first post?

That’s quite the exaggeration.

4 Likes

Especially when you try to equip your follower(s).

2 Likes

You might be looking for an item to Cube as a power and said item might be “rare” or at least weighted lower than others so imagine if you were to finally get that missing item, the one you needed to finish your build, but bam! Gone. Pet converted it for you because you didn’t realize it.

It is not as if you get to level 70 and you magically have everything you might need. Heck, I’ve been to T12 with half builds because the game just refuses to drop/convert something and then, when I do finally get it, it is not ancient…

All pets or no pets. There should not be “one is just better” since they’re not supposed to make a difference.

I disagree. So there we are. Sorry to waste your time. Still seems like a good idea to me. But some think the sky is blue, and others think it is some other color, or no color at all…

Don’t mean this to start an argument but it isn’t an opinion thing. Even after having all 13 items (and cube, and follower items) they are still useful. You aren’t going to just use your first set of shoulders with no CDR/AOE or whatever until you get ancients if you get some that have it. Or a bracer with crit but no elemental damage if you find one with both. Or just bad legendary power rolls. Some items, like gloves and shoulders for certain builds can be better to have normal legendary over ancient even just because you need the rolls (quad gloves for instance). I have been salvaging a bunch of ancient gloves and shoulders this season because they don’t have the rolls.

Now if it was an option one could turn on/off, then nice.