Pestilence = Torment King?

I had the pieces to a Pesti-Lance build pretty early this season and used it a bit until I had Trag Nova up and running. Once I got the altar almost finished, I took it back out to see how much the altar made QoL better for it. It is like night and day. I am able to have almost permanent Land of the Dead Frozen Lands, so everything is basically frozen. I have Messerschmidt’s in the cube, and with Empowered Shrines active for 10 minutes from Gloves of Worship on follower, Land of the Dead is almost always reset before it wears off. I haven’t played it in group at all, the only thing I did non solo was a Cursed Peat for a 4th conquest, but for solo T16 keys it is pretty darn fast.

Has anyone else tried Pestilence and had similar results?

2 Likes

Yes, every cooldown - based build is amazing this season thanks to the empowered shrine buff. Since you also have the Messerschmidt’s Reaver, I can imagine you have LoTD almost permanently. If you wear the Captain Crimson’s set, that cooldown reduction is also a direct damage buff.

Bad news is that unfortunately there is no place in a meta group (GRs farming and/or pushing). There are a lot of way more powerful builds. Even for solo, Perstilence is currently considered on of the weakest sets in the game. But it is nevertheless fun.

1 Like

Yep I’m a fan of Pesti and made one that uses both In-Geom and Messerschmidts for T16, Steuerts in cube RORG for Corpsrwhisper + Guardians. Does enough damage solo (currently SSF). I run Shallow Graves LOTD + Visceral Impact Lance, and also the Nailuj + Mage Gift of Death + Devour Ruthless combo if for some weird reason I need free Lance.

For GR91 Lego farming I use Jesseth + Skeles + Obsidian instead of In-Geom/Nailuj/Mage with Blood Lance and Frozen Lands. Seems to average about 100-110 seconds even if I accidentally die being a dumbass and just using only the mouse, everything else “basically num locked”. It’s pretty chill.

Other builds can do the same but nowhere near as fun to watch IMO

1 Like

So me randomly dreaming that I was using Pestilence for T16 and it going fine was actually possible?

How would it compare to the LoD mages in terms of speed?

S28 Solo 114 makes me 19th on the Pestilence Leaderboard seems not too much players playing Pestilence in this season, fragile build but its really fun to play when it becames strong cause clears everything in the map.

1 Like

also fastest way a kill a Juggernaut is still Pestilence build

For T16 contents, I have been using LOD Mages for years now. Lazy mode, I just keep blood rushing and casting Mages…

Is Pestilence faster?

1 Like

LoD Mage is always faster I guess, “Theeth Masquerade” build is also very fast for Rift runs.