Pestilence Set Rework Concept

Pestilence Master’s Shroud
(2) Set: Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion trigger a second time for free. Devour creates a Corpse Lance or Corpse Explosion based on which skill was most recently used.
(4) Set: Decrepify gains the effect of every rune, Leech’s healing is doubled, and Frailty is applied for free whenever you damage a target. You take 30% less damage from Cursed enemies.
(6) Set: Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion deal 9000% more damage.

New Phylactery:
Pestilence Master’s Humors (Part of Pestilence Master’s Shroud set)
Always rolls with Vit and CDR.
Legendary Power - While your Health percentage is lower than your Essence percentage, gain 30% damage. While your Essence Percentage is lower than your Health percentage, gain 30% damage reduction.

Interesting !

Using the Final Embrace rune (Legged Corpses), it can be fun !
And your selective solution based on latest use is quite elegant.
It is also an effective way to switch strategies in-game, handling both trashes with Explosions, or Rift guardian with Brittle Touch.
Really good suggestion.

A little bit overpowered since 1 corpse triggers 2 effects.
Other options :

• Increase attack speed by 100% : Would be more fair, and would keep balance in terms or Corpses resources.
  • Triggers 2 times but each hit does 50% damage : Interesting for Mirinae / Bane of the Stricken / Brittle Touch.

Per curse.
Because Pestilence is so brittle.

That’s a lot.

So you allow Pestilence 2p bonus to be used on other sets ?
Trag’Oul’s Avatar or Grace of Inarius will do general increased damage with this.
Other Sets can use Brittle Touch to simply crit (400% increased damage).

Yeah why not !

Does attack speed affect Corpse Lance/Explosion? I don’t see why it would tbh. Also, I like the way it is now, clearing the entire screen. If it still cleared the entire screen, I would definitely call this overpowered. I think the set needs bracers and an offhand that is stronger then the Jesseth set. That offhand is interesting, but it REALLY nerfs the build to have 30% DR and require an offhand to get another POSSIBLE 30% DR. Which btw, combined make 51% damage reduction, which is terrible btw considering you need a 4 piece set AND an offhand which removes 400% damage. There are significantly better options. Now, the offhand by itself isn’t an issue, since all but 1 offhand isn’t remotely useful and the one that is, is useful and is super niche. I can’t quite grasp how it’s been so long and they STILL haven’t made a truly useful offhand for necro. Not something that is a “works in every build” but most builds.

As far as damage is concerned, I think that having something that gives 200% damage to CE and another item that does the same for CL while giving all runes would be enough to make this thing competitive again. Should probably be higher for CE. Like 500%+ since CL hits everything on the screen.

Yes, attack speed affects the number of Lances that can be fired off. The higher your attack speed is, it reduces the number of frames the animation of Corpse Lance takes, which means more Lances fired off in a 60 frame per second time allotment. Here is a link to the breakpoint table.

[Corpse Lance BP.xlsx - Google Drive] https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0_k--7TYJOeeU9zMGdtejJ3TEE/view

The best you can get is generally 1.72 attacks per second which is 6 frames per animation, so 10 activations per second and 3 corpses consumed per activation (which also is dependent on attack speed) so you’d get 30 Lances per second.

I don’t know if Corpse Explosion uses a similar breakpoint system for calculating how many your can cast (I imagine it would but it doesn’t get autocast how Lance does with Devour and LotD).

One of the biggest downfalls of pest set is lack of damage reduction. The only way I can reasonably live is if I have second life passive, the LoD passive and my follower second life. It needs to have like 80-90% DR for the 4 piece. Other then that, I think if the damage on the 6p were doubled alongside more DR, it would be a competitor.

What difficulty are you trying? Pestilence is an Excellent Speed run build and Torment farmer. It is not ideal for GR push.

That’s the point. It has a hard time competing without DR and about 2x more damage. If it had 6600%, I think it could push.